Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Love those jet sweeps

September 11, 2018 01:55PM
Last year we used the jet sweeps primarily as a decoy, and because it was Tavon A it worked well to slow down the linebackers and get them thinking.

Last night, we used the jet sweeps to pick up yards, and it worked so well that at halftime Gruden said "we gotta stop those jet sweeps."

What I love about this, is that to me it feels like McVay was playing the long game last night. First thing you saw from our offense was multiple jet sweeps to multiple players, and they picked up good yards. That image will stick with DCs this year, and they will practice defending it.

Which will once again make the jet sweeps excellent decoys to slow down the defense and give Todd room to run.

I hope I am not giving McVay too much credit by saying that I believe he was planning for multiple games with his play calling. I believe that he has given extensive thought to how to gameplan so that it is hard to pick up on offensive tendencies, and that he will to into each game with a plan that is different enough to nullify defenses studying us.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Love those jet sweeps

PeoriaRa385September 11, 2018 01:55PM

Re: Love those jet sweeps

LMU93142September 11, 2018 02:36PM