Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An outstanding list of 20 random thoughts by AvengerRam...

September 04, 2018 02:34PM
Here’s AvengerRam...

20 WEEK ONE RANDOM THOUGHTS
I used to post threads like this elsewhere. I find it to be a good way to get my thoughts that don't necessarily warrant a full thread out there.

Enjoy!

1. This was the most exciting offseason in recent memory.

2. My key word for the offense is "continuity." Ten out of eleven starters return (once Jamon Brown's suspension is over). That fact makes me far less concerned about the lack of a preseason dress rehearsal.

3. My key word for the defense is "mismatch." You have two DL who can't be consistently blocked one-on-one, and two CBs who are capable of taking WRs out of the game. Those mismatches should really open things up for the other 7 players on the field.

4. Ndamukong Suh has been cited as the top reason that the run D should improve, and with good reason. I also think, though, that two guys we traded, Quinn and Ogletree, were a part of the problem, as both were prone to freelancing. Hopefully, their replacements will stay in their lanes.

5. I'm interested to see if Brandin Cooks is used for jet sweeps. He certainly has the speed to be dangerous in that role, and the decoy sweeps can open things up for Todd Gurley.

6. As good as Cooper Kupp was as a rookie, I'm expecting him to take things to another level.

7. We haven't seen much from Gerald Everett yet, but I still think he is the guy who could take the Rams' offense from its current level to "unstoppable" if he can become a real threat.

8. Sam Shields could prove to be an underrated addition.

9. For all the hype received by the 49ers, I think the Cardinals may be the second best team in the division.

10. The Seahawks have a lot of pride, and still have a few top end players, but I think its going to be a long season for them. That said... we gave them trouble when they were up and we were down, so I wouldn't take our two matchups lightly.

11. Is anyone really that surprised that Carson Wentz isn't ready yet? Adrian Peterson aside, you just don't heal that quickly from that type of injury (I tore my ACL when I was 24).

12. I watched a bit of Hard Knocks. Listening to Gregg Williams' profanity-laced (I'm not opposed to an occasional F-bomb, but he uses the word the way Smurfs use the word "smurf."winking smiley diatribes makes me miss him even less.

13. I'm really “effing” glad the season is finally here!

14. See what I did there? eye rolling smiley

15. With the Rams' opener being televised at 10:15 pm here in Florida, I may start a new tradition - the pregame nap!

16. I'm glad I don't live in the alternate universe where Jared Goff failed in his second season, the Rams signed Kirk Cousins to a mega-deal, and most of the roster moves and extensions that happened here in Earth Prime didn't occur.

17. Who's a fan of The Illiad? Could Aaron Donald's offseason be compared to Achilles' brooding? If so, I feel sorry for whichever QB takes on the role of Hector. I guess that take makes me a Homer.

18. Prediction time: I'll go with Rams 34, Raiders 16.

19. Season prediction: I'm going to go with 12-4, and a Division Title.

20. And yes, I think the Rams can win it all this year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

An outstanding list of 20 random thoughts by AvengerRam...

Rams43587September 04, 2018 02:34PM

Fun post!

hammer221September 04, 2018 07:34PM