Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The media is focusing on the wrong "Dream Team"

September 02, 2018 06:26AM
A few writers have referred to the rams current roster as a "dream team" a la the Philadelphia Eagles in recent past. Now, I don't like that, and I hope that the team doesn't start believing it. Confidence is good, arrogance is dangerous.

That being said, I believe that it may be true that the Rams have assembled a dream team, just not the one that everyone is looking at.

This is what I believe may be the true dream team:

Snead - Solid talent evaluator who finds starting players in later rounds, and has a great touch finding db's. Isn't afraid to take risks.
Demoff - Good cap guy. Recent posts have shown that all the big contracts we have thrown out this year are sustainable without crippling the team long term.
McVay - Coach of the Year. No evidence to suggest he is a one year wonder, and with his age, might be our best bet to be relevant for many, many years. If he keeps learning and getting better as a coach, sky is the limit.
McVay - One of the most innovative OC's in the NFL. Doesn't hold the title, but really is our OC.
Phillips - One of the most highly respected DC's in the NFL. Grounded, and brings veteran perspective to the coaching staff. McVay seems humble enough to listen to him. I literally cannot wait to see what his defense looks like this year!
Fassell - Underrated. Has repeatedly fielded one of the top ST units in the league. Brings extra insight from his time as interim HC. I am VERY afraid he gets poached as soon as this next offseason, but in the meantime makes ST a real third weapon and regularly creates good field position.

The most exciting prospect for me is not having Goff, Gurley, Donald and Hekker as a nucleus for the next 5 years, but the possibility of having this management/coaching team for the next decade or more.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The media is focusing on the wrong "Dream Team"

PeoriaRa563September 02, 2018 06:26AM

Re: The media is focusing on the wrong "Dream Team"

Rams43325September 02, 2018 06:35AM

Ram43 thank you for replying

PeoriaRa166September 02, 2018 05:00PM

Re: Ram43 thank you for replying

bigjimram21191September 02, 2018 06:02PM

Classicalwit155September 02, 2018 11:16PM