Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A 7/26 camp report by VeteranRamFan...

July 27, 2018 10:27AM
Here’s VeteranRamFan...

Well let me first say it was a very exciting Thursday and first day of training camp. Got to meet up with @LARams_1963 after a brief error in communication on my part. Enjoyed his company and he has got to have one of the coolest cameras I have ever seen. Hope he posts some vids and stills for us all.

I got there at 1:30. Went in through the new Fan Experience center. I wasn't going to but I'm glad the staff talked me into it. Got to meet Mike Lansford and Dave Hill. Pictures taken and printed out AND emailed on the spot. NO CHARGE! I was like a 12 year old kid being next to those two. I didn't know what to say! I must say the Rams are really catering to their fans. Every bleacher was under a tent this time. Not a big crowd at all today. Maybe 1/3 capacity. It allowed us to walk around anywhere and get right up to the fence line without some security person telling us to move back.

Also got to meet a couple of the cheerleaders. Very nice young ladies, both veterans of the squad.

Walked around the practice fields. Stopped by to say hi to Myles Simmons. We chatted for a bit and he told me that last year the Rams wanted to trade for Cooks but they didn't have the draft capital that NE wanted so they signed Watkins instead. Now we know why Sammy was such a late add. Snead working his phones.

Now I took a ton of pictures, like I usually do but somehow my camera settings were set wrong and they all came out far too dark. I'm working on cleaning them up and will post them later, like maybe tomorrow.

Question for you all, would you rather have real time updates and photos or a super wordy camp report later? I'm asking because I felt you all would like the real time stuff but it is difficult for me to do so effectively and still get the still photos with my camera.

Now for the camp report you all want. I'm going to make this short and sweet.

Brandin Cooks is fast and runs great routes. Can cut on a dime. It was fun to watch Peters cover him for he is just as good sticking to Cooks. Except...didn't see it develop but Cooks went down the left sideline and some how shook Peters, gained 3 steps on him but had to wait for the ball from Goff. Peters caught up and broke it up.

Talib and Peters are worth every cent we are paying them. Not many balls thrown their way during 7x7 and 11x11.

Sam Shields collided solidly another receiver during 7x7. It was a hard hit for no pads. Both players got up with no signs of injury. I guess Sam isn't worried about another concussion.

Watched Brocker and Suh pull a stunt that really put pressure on the QB.

Littleton and Hager were alternating in the middle.

Greg the Leg was not kicking field goals but doing a little punting with Hecker and McQuaid (the beard of consistency)

Sean McVay is everywhere! Always talking, coaching and at times playing cornerback. I missed one time when Sean was covering Cooks. I was trying to post an update to our board and I am just not very fast doing that. Missed a few things trying to update you guys.

Higbee is looking real good. He is a big, strong dude. Of course he looked good in previous camps to me and then we all saw him disappoint during the season. I sure hope this TE group can make a big contribution this season. Hemingway is back and looks just fine, no hesitation running his routes.

Nickell Robey-Coleman was looking good, nothing that stood out as bad, just glad to see him out there.

Could not see too much of the O-line or D-line.

Luis Perez is intriguing. He was at the opposite side of the field when the 3 vet QB's were throwing to wide receivers. Couldn't tell what the purpose of him having basically some one on one coaching. He was throwing to a couple of RB's and TE's as best I could tell. Out routes and slants, short stuff mostly.

John Kelly is very quick. Good cuts on screen passes. I think he is an easy upgrade over Lance Dunbar.

Malcom Brown looks much thinner, in a good way. Very toned.

Cooper Kupp is still the same. Great moves and good hands.

Robert Woods took Talib to school a couple of times. I feel he really is the best receiver on the team...at least until Cooks shows us something better.

Mike Thomas is a big dude! I thought he was a tight end because of his size and had to keep checking my roster. Him and Josh Reynolds, if they take the next step will be redzone demons.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something. When I get my pictures processed I sure there will be some memory recall. Tomorrow, Friday, is season ticket holders only (not me...insert sad face emoji). I'm planning on going back on Saturday.

It's getting late and I have to get up real early so for now, I hope you enjoy what I have provided and will strive to do better next time.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A 7/26 camp report by VeteranRamFan...

Rams43538July 27, 2018 10:27AM

A 7/26 camp report by TheDuke...

Rams43230July 27, 2018 10:54AM

Re: A 7/26 camp report by TheDuke...

zn182July 27, 2018 10:59AM

Rams43215July 27, 2018 11:26AM

Ramsdude131July 27, 2018 11:48AM

hunh?