Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

some tweets on the Gurley deal

July 24, 2018 01:17PM
Dré@Dreday8k
I think Donald will be moved. Not sure how they fit all these guys under the cap. If Suh balls out this season AD is out. They rent Suh for a couple of years then start over at the position.

Vincent Bonsignore@DailyNewsVinny
No.

FYI on #Rams extension with Todd Gurley and how it (doesn’t) impact Aaron Donald’s situation. As Les Snead said, these deals are unto themselves and negotiated simultaneously.

==

Myles Simmons@MylesASimmons
Snead: “Each situation is different” for contract extensions. Snead adds, “We’re simultaneously working to make Aaron a Ram for a long time.” #LARams

==

Ryan Kartje@Ryan_Kartje
Sean McVay said Gurley’s contract extension “doesn’t have any affect on the Aaron (Donald) things.”

===

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer
Cooks’ deal didn’t affect Donald, and Gurley won’t either. The numbers are way past what you’ll see in those two, so it’s not like this sets some kind of floor.

===

Steven Jackson@sj39
Great to see Les Snead and the @RamsNFL front office prioritize the running game! To not only draft @TG3II early, but now lock him into a long term deal to ensure he continues to thrive as a Ram is huge! #STRB

==

Joe Curley@vcsjoecurley
Asked to answer the “pay the man” narrative of some Rams fans and players on Aaron Donald’s contract situation, Les Snead says he’d “probably agree with the fans. That’s what we’re trying to do.”

Snead addresses Aaron Donald’s contact situation: “It’s not only Todd but a lot of other guys that we want to make Rams (for a long time). We’re… working to make Aaron a Ram a long time. That’s the goal.”

Rams treating Gurley like the star offensive weapon he is, rather than just a running back.

Les Snead: “We started talking with Todd and his representation really this spring to get ahead of the curve.” Says Gurley is “a big part of who we are and where we’re going.”

Sean McVay on Toddy Gurley’s contract extension: “I feel fortunate to be able to work with people like Todd… He earned this”

==

Ryan Kartje@Ryan_Kartje
$45 million guaranteed blows away the rest of the running back market

Gurley’s deal is an interesting one to discuss. The Rams could’ve let him play out his deal, then franchised him twice (at a number that probably wouldn’t have been THAT much higher than tag), before then grooming a replacement.

Todd Gurley was already making himself heard on guaranteed contracts. Now, he’s negotiated the largest guaranteed contract ever for a running back. Le’Veon Bell, David Johnson, and Ezekiel Elliott are all rejoicing right now.

Gurley’s contract will run through 2023, just as he nears the dreaded 30-year old running back zone. I’m sure there will be options to cut ties before then, though. How the guaranteed money is allocated, cap-wise, will be very interesting.

==

Bucky Brooks@BuckyBrooks
Hmmm.. I’ve tried to tell some folks that the “hybrids” will change the RB market.. $15M per makes sense for a RB1/WR2.. Maybe @LeVeonBell wasn’t so crazy

The 230+ RB with elite running skills and pass catching ability is a hot commodity. To earn top $ in today’s game as a RB, you must be able to impact the game as a runner/receiver.. Those guys will get the bag

==

Gregg Rosenthal@greggrosenthal
Transcendent running backs are worth a lot and will uniformly be paid like it soon.

==

Dan Orlovsky@danorlovsky7
This is so dope. I was with Gurley in camp last year and 2 things BLEW ME AWAY. 1) he has high end NFL WR speed-as a RB. 2) He works like Calvin Johnson did-Almost with an undrafted rookie mindset-fearful every day of getting cut. Congrats @TG3II @RamsNFL #rams #nfl

==

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2018 01:36PM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

some tweets on the Gurley deal

zn450July 24, 2018 01:17PM

Re: some tweets on the Gurley deal

Rampage2K-240July 24, 2018 01:35PM

+1 (NM)

zn77July 24, 2018 01:38PM

Why have 2 threads on this? NM

Speedball8987July 24, 2018 01:40PM

Because are getting excited!

jemach87July 24, 2018 03:18PM

Re: some tweets on the Gurley deal

Ramsdude144July 24, 2018 01:43PM

a few more tweets on the Gurley deal

zn132July 24, 2018 03:13PM

These are the quotes with which I identify most...

jemach132July 24, 2018 03:16PM

Re: yup they nailed it

Speed_Kills133July 24, 2018 03:35PM

Kamara is already fantasizing...

jemach150July 24, 2018 03:46PM