Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ready for a little Ram optimism today?

June 22, 2018 07:28AM
Before I get started, let me remind you that I was among the few predicting a 10-6 record last year after hearing the camp reports. And was teased by many for being a cheerleader at the time. Turns out that I was too conservative, after all.

Where to start?

Our elite DL, I guess. The thing is that opponents don’t just have to worry about our formidable DL, anymore.

This Ram D is loaded with elite or near-elite players almost everywhere. All directed by an elite DC.

THAT is a prescription for opposing QB woe, fellas. Constant pick-your-poison stress on every snap.

I see multiple ripple effects working in Rams favor:

More turnovers created.
Fewer (and shorter) opposing O snaps and possessions.
More Ram sacks.
More Ram tfl’s.
More Ram D turnovers/scores.
Frustrated opposing O’s that can’t run OR pass well, forcing increased risk taking which just plays into Wade’s hands.
Rams dominating TOP stats.
More Ram runs while playing with big leads.
More Ram scoring, probably well over 500 points.
A beautiful synergy wherein Ram D makes Ram O more deadly, and vice versa.
A young QB that is growing by leaps and bounds under McVay.

Barring key injuries, I see Rams with a very rare combo of elite O, elite D, and elite ST in one season.

What does that add up to? Dare I say it? Yep, SB is now a realistic goal, y’all. Not saying it’s a lock, just saying that it’s a realistic goal.

Last time we saw such a combo was during the GSOT days. And I suspect that the current D and ST are superior to those squads, tbh.

I’m gonna withhold my official W/L prediction until after the camp reports and PS games, but I will say this. I’m currently leaning toward 12-4 as our floor barring a Goff or Gurley catastrophic injury. There, I said it.

Ummmmm.... Where in the hell did I set my kool-aid? Lol.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ready for a little Ram optimism today?

Rams43580June 22, 2018 07:28AM

Heretic!!!

RockRam227June 22, 2018 07:58AM

Re: Heretic!!!

Rams43177June 22, 2018 08:05AM

well

zn163June 22, 2018 04:46PM

Re: Ready for a little Ram optimism today?

Coy Bacon201June 22, 2018 08:12AM

Anything short playing in a NFC Championship game will be a disappointment

jemach170June 22, 2018 09:48AM

Re: Anything short playing in a NFC Championship game will be a disappointment

Rams43163June 22, 2018 09:54AM

I can't think of anything other than last season's record...

jemach157June 22, 2018 12:15PM

I’m hoping the Rams

Speed_Kills133June 22, 2018 01:07PM

Re: I’m hoping the Rams

Rams43133June 22, 2018 01:29PM