Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

All the angst of the ability/non ability to sign players....

June 19, 2018 11:47AM
you can go all over the board.....it's him...it's the other guy......IMO it's one group who make these signings so difficult in most areas....it's the agents. I sit and wonder if the players actually did not have such things as agents how much easier would it to be to sign your players? What if players had to go through what most people do with their salary issues? Of course their $'s would be much higher than the average Joe simply because of the $'s involved.

Some would say it's the agents who make sure the players don't get hosed....IMO in so many areas from high school through college agents have caused huge damage to the games themselves, by way of schools getting hit with penalties due to agents messing with kids by way of money, and other scandals.

I really think the main situation in todays sports world (outside of politics being or tried to hedge into the system) is the agents who IMO are really the parasites to the players..not the (so thought of) money hungry owners.

Players like AD will always be the main ingredient and need of agents for the agents to succeed and become what they become. (Look at our agency we have all these X $ players...come to us.

Not saying anything against AD or anyone else for that matter....I just wonder how the deal would be working without the agents (who say they are just looking out for the player)...I say BS to that....they are not much off of ambulance chasing lawyer types who just find a niche to make money off of someone else's fortunes (be it good/bad).....How many kids chance at the big show has been ruined by agents "just looking out for the sports star in the making"?...and the agents just keeps rolling down the river for his "next big hit.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

All the angst of the ability/non ability to sign players....

roman18489June 19, 2018 11:47AM

Re: All the angst of the ability/non ability to sign players....

zn273June 19, 2018 12:23PM

roman18225June 20, 2018 03:22AM

zn206June 20, 2018 03:55AM

Classicalwit276June 20, 2018 04:38AM

I've yet to see where its an issue

Atlantic Ram211June 20, 2018 10:12AM

Re: I've yet to see where its an issue

DallasRam214June 20, 2018 02:35PM

Re: I've yet to see where its an issue

zn255June 21, 2018 02:47PM

I pretty much agree

IowaRam194June 20, 2018 03:06PM