Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some Rams related officiating thoughts

May 05, 2018 10:11AM
I rewatched the Rams Eagles game last night. It was a really entertaining game between two well matched teams.

That being said, it was poorly officiated. There were at least 3 big, momentum changing bad calls on the Rams, and possibly one on the Eagles.

TruJo was called for unsportsmanlike for jawing at a guy. This turned fourth down into first and was essentially a turnover given to the Eagles by the officials. I don't know what he said, but it must have been really bad because there was no physical stuff at all.

The officials also gave the Eagles an additional possession via pass interference. I am curious what others think, but in my mind, refs should be able to see that a ball is underthrown, and the WR coming back toward the ball and INITIATING contact with the trailing DB should not be called DPI. It happens a lot and I think sometimes the smart QBs throw short to draw that penalty.

Finally they called a weird Leverage call on Ekubam. They showed the replay twice and no one say Ekubam or any other Rams doing anything unusual.

That said, there was one bad call on the Eagles in the 2nd half, but I don't think it was a possession changer.

Well officiated, we win that game. That is disappointing. We get that win, good chance we get a first round bye. Get that, well... who knows for sure.

Finally thought, how blatant does the holding have to be on AD before they call it? If you focus on AD, he is being held, even blatantly, at least a third of the time. Do you think the refs say before the game "well, he is so good it is really not fair to the QB, so we're going to turn a blind eye to holding unless it is unmissable?" Cause it sure looks like it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some Rams related officiating thoughts

PeoriaRa400May 05, 2018 10:11AM

Re: Some Rams related officiating thoughts

Steve144May 05, 2018 10:16AM

Re: Some Rams related officiating thoughts

Ramsdude238May 05, 2018 10:17AM

My gosh!

NewMexicoRam165May 05, 2018 01:38PM

Re: My gosh!

Ramsdude146May 05, 2018 01:45PM