Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fun Obo thread on 49er forum

April 29, 2018 02:02PM
There's a fun thread over at the Niner forum on Obo. Started in December when draft discussions began, when many of their fans expressed a lot of interest in him, and ends after the draft, when they lament the Rams grabbing him. It's 32 pages in total, but we'll worth checking out. Below are a few snippets.

[www.49erswebzone.com]

=========================================================
darockzillahitman
Dec 30, 2017 at 6:13 AM

Best pass rusher in the draft. I don't care that he's not the "prototype." He's the prototype for what he does. He uses his lack of height to his advantage as far as leverage; when he decides he's bending that edge, there's nothing you can do.

He's inconsistent vs. the run - really strong when he's got his hands into you, but struggles to anchor when he doesn't.

Honestly, even if he's just a situational pass rusher, I'd take him after trading down. He can replace Elvis.

Garoppolis
Dec 31, 2017 at 9:17 AM

He didn't play football until his sophomore year in high school, so it's possible he will learn to be more than just a pass rusher. Most of the mocks I've seen have him going around the third round, but that could change.

Heroism
Jan 1, 2018 at 10:50 PM

This guy is an interesting player. I'm watching his game vs Ohio St. right now. Dude was a terror off the edge. He is pretty damn explosive and relentless. Love his hand usage--very active. I prefer shorter edge rushers for their leverage advantage, so the height doesn't really bother me. It's moreso the weight, but his pass-rushing style isn't reliant on power.

This is sick. Ogbonnia uses an outside jab step and head nod to stop the tackle's feet and subtle swipes to cross the tackle's face.

darockzillahitman
Dec 31, 2017 at 5:47 PM

Well yeah, he's a pure pass rusher. But he's an unbelievable one. If Gunther Cunningham was here, he'd be the second coming of Derrick Thomas.

49oz2superbowl
Jan 18, 2018 at 2:08 PM

This guy to me is the #1 LEO candidate in the draft. Better than Chubb, Landry and Key in that regard. He won't have the same physical measuables as far as length but he's explosive, fluid, and can bend an edge better and counter-move better than all three.

If I'm Lynch and Co. I find a trade down partner and barring there's no crazy blue chip player at our pick, trade down to the early 20's (maybe BUF wanting one of the top 4 qb's that falls to our pick and take this guy.

He's one of my top 3 draft crushes this draft. People hyping up guys like Marcus Davenport but sleeping on a player like this who dominated the top level of competition. Very much reminds me of Elvis Dumervil.

Dillesq
Jan 23, 2018 at 8:18 AM

To me he's a perfect 3-4 OLB. Great motor and tenancity

Heroism
Jan 23, 2018 at 8:21 AM

No, 34" is good arm length, but it's GREAT arm length for a guy that's six feet tall. He's got longer arms than Buckner and Armstead despite being 7 inches shorter.

Oh, baby, I was really starting to like him. Now it's full-blown on

ChaunceyGardner
Jan 23, 2018 at 9:45 AM

He seems to be around the ball on every play.

lamontb
Jan 23, 2018 at 10:16 AM#44

Looks like a guy that we need to make a move up for on day 2 . Looks like he's been shot out of cannon when he takes off

NYniner85
Apr 28, 2018 at 4:40 AM#455

If we come about with OBO today I will consider this draft a success.

49oz2superbowl
Apr 28, 2018 at 7:40 AM

It's baffling to me that he's still available. He did nothing but produce at a top program and outperformed Davenport at the Senior Bowl. I still will not get over the 74 pick we wasted on a Pettis trade up and taking a project safety to corner convert ahead of this guy when value and need so desperately point to edge.

GhostOfBaalke
Apr 28, 2018 at 11:57 AM

Ogbonnio to rams. He might never become a solid starter, time will tell. But regardless, there is some great value for him in the mid 5th round.

Antix
Apr 28, 2018 at 12:02 PM#465

Sonofab***h

Nastastical
Apr 28, 2018 at 12:02 PM#466

Every time we passed on him I just kept getting the feeling he would end up in our division.

Antix
Apr 28, 2018 at 12:04 PM#467

He was probably my number 1 draft crush now I gotta hope he sucks

49oz2superbowl
Apr 28, 2018 at 12:06 PM#468

If he ends up being a good player and we predictably have no pass rush his season someone in our front office better be @#$%& fired or have their power entirely stripped. Whoever chose Street over him is a @#$%& joke.
49erBigMac
Apr 28, 2018 at 12:29 PM#470

Massive kick in the nuts for him to go to the Rams, I hope I was wrong

zonkers
Apr 28, 2018 at 3:52 PM#472

I have doubts that he has enough juice to start as a traditional edge. However, I think he could thrive under Wade Phillips's one gap 'n attack style.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Fun Obo thread on 49er forum

JYB1031April 29, 2018 02:02PM

LMAO - Brilliant

RamUK406April 29, 2018 02:16PM

Re: LMAO - Brilliant

JYB316April 29, 2018 02:17PM

Re: LMAO.......Love it.

oldschoolramfan279April 29, 2018 06:14PM

Re: LMAO - Brilliant

NorCalRamFan229April 29, 2018 08:02PM