Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Robert Woods says practicing against Rams' revamped secondary will help WRs

April 18, 2018 01:52PM

Link

By: Cameron DaSilva | 10 hours ago

With Trumaine Johnson and Nickell Robey-Coleman set to hit free agency, and Kayvon Webster recovering from a torn Achilles in December, the Los Angeles Rams saw a hole in the secondary. There was a chance they’d head into 2018 with three new starters at cornerback, which would’ve been a difficult situation.

As it stands right now, they’ll have one returning starter at the position in Robey-Coleman, but Johnson and Webster won’t return. Fortunately for the Rams, they upgraded at both spots by trading for Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib – two of the best ball hawks in the NFL.

The Rams’ secondary, paired with Aaron Donald, Ndamukong Suh and Michael Brockers wreaking havoc up front, give Los Angeles one of the top defenses in football. Not only should that strike fear in every team the Rams face next season, but it’ll help sharpen their own offense.

Getting open in practice will be substantially harder for guys like Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp, who will have to face Peters, Talib and Robey-Coleman every day. None of them will be afraid of the increased competition, though. Rather, it’ll have just the opposite effect.

“For us, we get to go against those guys every day,” Woods said. “We’re going to improve in our receiver room going against that kind of talent, going against guys who go after the ball and play throughout the whistle, play until the whistle is done.”

Woods said during his media session that Jared Goff “was on the money with the timing” during the Rams’ first workout session on Monday, which is obviously a good sign. With another year under his belt, Goff should continue to improve and build upon his Pro Bowl season from 2017.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude284April 18, 2018 01:52PM