Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1000 yards

April 04, 2018 12:42PM
means nothing for WR's from what I have been reading on here. 1300-1500 yards is now the measuring stick. If that's true, then why is Sammy Watkins so special when he only topped 1000 yards one time out of 4 and only by 47 yards at that? Career high was 1047 3 years ago back in 2015. Cooks has passed 1000 3 times out of the last 4!

Only 15 WR's broke 1000 in 2017 (2 were TE's). Only 25 did it in 2016 (2 were TE's). 22 did it in 2015 (4 were TE's). 23 in 2014 (2 were TE's).

That tells me 1000 yards is still hard to reach and is still a valid stat. Only a minority of players achieve it every year. If Cooks can get another 1000+ for us this year, we should be alright. Will Sammy get his second 1000 yard season with KC? We shall see. I am happy we got Cooks who will run better routes, understand the offense better, get more yards than SW, his speed will open up things underneath for others and will not take plays off. Sounds like we just might have upgraded at the WR position. Smurf or not, I am stoked!

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

1000 yards

Ramsdude259April 04, 2018 12:42PM