Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Schultz Tweets on Suh

March 20, 2018 07:35PM
Jordan Schultz@Schultz_Report

Ndamukong Suh has repeatedly told me just how badly he wants to win. His visit w/the #Raiders should once again quell the concern that money is the only motivating factor here. With an improved defense and a healthy Derek Carr, OAK quickly becomes a pretty scary team in the AFC.

Worth noting the #Raiders have about $20M in cap space following the Cordarrelle Patterson trade, although we have to see how the Jordy Nelson and Doug Martin signings impact that number. OAK sees Ndamukong Suh as a game-changer for a defense that ranked 29th in DVOA last season.

#Suh has told me he's intrigued by playing on the same line as Donald/Brockers. Re Wade Phillips and his 3-4 defense: It has similar gap scheme as a 4-3. Suh is versatile and football savvy enough not to be confined to a super specific role. The #Rams understand this as well.

The #Rams are not only excited about #Suh, but have also been looking forward to Sean McVay showcasing his dynamic ability to relate w/players. Few coaches - if any - have the ability to connect like him. McVay is an integral part of this process and will be at dinner as well.

Ndamukong Suh has told me he's developed a strong relationship w/Ted Rath (#Rams strength/conditioning coach) since Detroit. Other keys to LA's pitch include a). Contending team predicated on healthy culture b). Wade Phillips' brilliance at putting guys in a position to win.

FYI the #Rams have about $25M in cap space right now, which accounts for the upcoming draft, but does NOT account for the top dollar it will take to extend Aaron Donald, the DPOY. Idea is to maximize #Suh's dominance - allowing him to create TFLs, get upfield, kill the run game.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Schultz Tweets on Suh

RamBill806March 20, 2018 07:35PM

Suh not signing with the Rams imo

Speedball89321March 20, 2018 09:25PM

Re: Suh not signing with the Rams imo

RamFanInPA282March 21, 2018 03:19AM

And IMO, money talks...

jemach221March 21, 2018 03:43AM

Re: And IMO, money talks...

RamFanInPA222March 21, 2018 03:46AM

In a couple hours....