Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NRR: Report: Seahawks in talks with several teams about Earl Thomas

March 15, 2018 02:00PM
Man, that will be a different team next year!! I love it!! Gotta think the Rams kicking their butts might have contributed just like when we beat the Whiners in '99. They weren't the same team after that. How much longer will Pete the cheat stick around?

Link

Report: Seahawks in talks with several teams about Earl Thomas
Posted by Charean Williams on March 15, 2018, 6:05 PM EDT

The Seahawks are having discussions with several teams about safety Earl Thomas, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports.

La Canfora adds Seattle is seeking a first-rounder and a third-rounder and may get more, which seems unlikely unless the team already has an agreement with Thomas on a contract extension.

Thomas has one year left on a four-year, $40 million extension he signed after the 2013 season that made him the league’s highest-paid safety. He is scheduled to make $8.5 million in 2018.

Thomas already has threatened to holdout if he doesn’t get a new deal.

Thus, it would be an expensive trade, giving up that much in compensation and a large contract. But Thomas is a six-time Pro Bowler and only 28.

Thomas, a Texas native who played at the University of Texas, has left no doubt where he would like to play. He told Cowboys coach Jason Garrett to “come get me” after their Christmas Eve game.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

NRR: Report: Seahawks in talks with several teams about Earl Thomas

Ramsdude284March 15, 2018 02:00PM