Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An outstanding offseason eval post by Wildflecken...

March 11, 2018 07:11AM
Here’s Wildflecken...

Evaluating the Rams Offseason to date.

1.) I posted after the conclusion of the painful playoff loss to the Falcons, the main focus of the upcoming offseason would be bringing in scheme fit defensive talent for Wade's One Gap, 3-4 system. To date the Rams have not disappointed. Both Peters and Talib are the type of defensive backs Wade prefers, defensive backs whom he can trust to hold coverage longer than what last seasons roster offered and allows him get aggressive with his front seven. With Peters and Talib on board now, Wade will be much more aggressive with the front seven in 2018.

If you tune in to football on Sundays to watch your defense punish the opposing quarterbacks, you will thoroughly enjoy watching the 2018 version of the Rams defense.

2.) Watkins would be wise to re up with the Rams, even if he has to accept less than what the open market will pay currently. If Sammy wants to be part of winning organization, a team on the rise, the Rams offer him the best opportunity. Sammy could greatly increase his value on the open market by signing a two year deal with Rams and putting up some huge numbers in both those seasons. Hope you reading this Sammy, we want you to remain a Ram.

3.) Barron was the Rams best linebacker in 2017 so it was no surprise here that Rams moved Ogletree to free up cap space. Wade did not want to enter another season with two undersized inside linebackers. Barron plays much larger than his listed weight. He is true Warrior inside and with Peters and Talib on board, think we will see Wade send Barron after the qb much more in 2018 than he did last season.

Never understood the many Barron haters on the forum. How many opposing qb's has Barron knocked out of game for Rams since 2015? Barron has a history of making impactful plays on game day.

4.) Snead is off to another great start this offseason. The most impressive stat of all the moves he has made the last two off seasons, Rams have sacrificed very little in draft capitol and still hold sufficient picks to have impactful draft the next two seasons.

5.) I expect the Rams to continue to focus on the defense in the upcoming draft and UDFA market. Edge, ILB, DL are now the priorities on the defensive side. Wade adding a NT as well would not shock me.

If Watkins does not re up with us, Rams will have the cap space to be players in the FA market, even after taking care of Donald. As I write this maybe that should of been the most impressive stat in number 4 above?

6.) Rams will not totally ignore the offensive side this offseason. I expect the Rams to address the OL and rb positions in the draft. Many of the mocks have Nelson dropping on board, not due to his talent but rather the position he plays. If he does drop out of top 10 on draft day, Snead may be wise to move up and get him. Hard choice to make with the needs defensively, but Nelson is maybe the surest talent in this draft next to Saquon Barkley, who I expect the Browns to make the overall number once choice.

7.) Two names to keep an eye on if Rams do stay put in round one, Harold Landry and Will Hernandez

8) Rams could address depth at the running back position in the FA market. A few intriguing options exist on the market, Blount would be my preference with Sproles a close second

Go Rams!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

An outstanding offseason eval post by Wildflecken...

Rams43395March 11, 2018 07:11AM