Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Post Combine round one guesses for Rams?

March 05, 2018 05:17AM
I think the Rams did themselves a big favor in grabbing MP because CB is NOT a huge priority. However, it is still a need.

Assuming Joyner signs, they won't be looking FS. But what if he doesn't? That is going to be a glaring hole. I just don't think there's a FS, however, that they would consider in the 1st round.

But what if they don't sign or Tag Watkins? They just MIGHT go WR in round 1 if there's someone they're crazy about. Personally, I hope not.

I think LT is going to be considered, but it's going to have to be someone they REALLY like.

But the most logical spot is LB what with Barwin a UFA and Quinn gone. And I suspect there's going to be some starting quality ILBs and OLBs available at 23.

So my speculation is that if there were 3 players all graded about equally in round 1 (a LB, a CB and and LT), they'd probably take the LB. Certainly, if they had a guy who was a step above the other guys in their evaluation, they'll take him pretty much regardless of position.....OTHER THAN QB, RB and FS (if Joyner is retained) and WR (if Watkins is retained).

For instance: if Payne or Vea would happen to fall to 23, either would be awfully tempting.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Post Combine round one guesses for Rams?

RockRam424March 05, 2018 05:17AM

No way Vea sees us...

jemach153March 05, 2018 06:14AM