Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does Ram over achieving wreck or set table for 2018?

January 14, 2018 01:41PM
It seems because we lost and it certainly was disappointing and heart breaking, we are suddenly failures and under achieved. Disclaimer I may have agreed with some of the negative feelings but don't get it twisted we were playing with house money at about 7 to 8 wins.

I read criticism of:
Goff
McVay
Watkins
Whitworth & OL
Ogletree
Barron
Johnson
Quinn and others.

Sounds like we are rebuilding? If we allow our emotions to get ahead of our reason.

McVay has to be considered a plus and yet many of us have advice for the young HC who took a 4-12 team to 11-5

It seems obsurd when you look at it that way.

Goff better get better? Needs to improve? Well that is every QB in the league. Goff was fantastic and we have probably seen top 3 Ram season effort from Goff in his 1st year in offense.

Whitworth got dinged up and yes it impacted him on plays but he was fantastic this year. Quinn in a new system bucked up and really started settling in. Watkin's less than perfect integration into offense can be laid at the feet of the fact that he joined the team after training camp and McVay admittedly took most of the play calling and reads away from the QB and took heat for the lack of prioritization on getting Watkins touches. This certainly appears to have been for what he thought was in best interest of Goff and Watkins. How this plays out this off-season and into 2018 is anyone's guess. I am betting on McVay, Goff and Watkins to be even more potent next year if given the opportunity.

Quinn in a new system bucked up and really started settling in. Ogletree is seen as a fit but we will need to build around him and Barron on the other hand likely may be a player that Wade may look to upgrade/replace. Johnson played good enough and justifies why Rams could not just let him go but I am sure they are looking to move on if he cannot accept a fair value to them.

My point is this. We have some extreme opinions of this team before 2017 and after and the one true conclusion is that we overachieved thankfully to McVay and Co. We can get better and will continue to get better but Fisher taking a bow is a joke and our emotional lead fixes are pie in the sky if we can't be objective enough to realize you can only do so much and the best teams build and in the interim get the most out of what they have and they also have a lot of luck.

Los Angeles Rams

Rap on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 01:45PM by BumRap.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Does Ram over achieving wreck or set table for 2018?

BumRap315January 14, 2018 01:41PM