Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gurley looks like he can run faster.

December 29, 2017 11:34AM
When I watch him on those runs where he breaks free -- even on the most recent one that had that really high MPH count (21.4?) -- I swear it looks like he's not running full speed. Other players, like a Tavon Austin, seem like they hit their max at times, and you think, "That's it. That's their top gear."

Not Gurley. I may be alone in this observation, but I think it's accurate.

In short, Gurley has not come close to his peak as a player, and doesn't even max out during the game. Just a guess. But I think he paces himself, cuz he knows he's going to be called on more than the vast majority of running backs in the league. Other teams are playing RBBC, while the Rams have made him their workhorse. He's not dumb. He knows it's a marathon out there, not a sprint.

I was waaaay happy when they drafted him, highly disappointed in him last year, and now? He's my pick for MVP and, ironically, "most improved."

It's obviously too early to make such a call, but I think Gurley (23) has the potential for HOF status. If the Rams can keep a good O-line in front of him, pressure the defense with a solid passing game, and he stays healthy, he's there.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Gurley looks like he can run faster.

Billy_T334December 29, 2017 11:34AM

Gurley is faster than Bell and Zeke

max174December 29, 2017 12:02PM

Re: Gurley is faster than Bell and Zeke

Billy_T158December 29, 2017 01:09PM

Re: Gurley has gotten so few touches this year

Speed_Kills162December 29, 2017 12:15PM

Re: Gurley has gotten so few touches this year

Billy_T144December 29, 2017 01:14PM

Re: Gurley looks like he can run faster.

Ramsdude183December 29, 2017 12:19PM

Re: Gurley looks like he can run faster.

Billy_T119December 29, 2017 01:18PM