Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Rams back-ups beat the Niners.

December 27, 2017 05:51AM
I'm not into predicting anything.
But I must say that I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the Rams back-ups beat the Niners.

Don't forget that a couple of weeks ago, the Rams started playing back-ups halfway through the 3rd quarter against the Seahawks.

By the 13 minute mark of the 4th quarter, Goff was also sitting. And while the Rams didn't score, neither did the Seahawks.

Our back-ups haven't been nothing but bench warmers all season; many have played.

I think it will be fun, and overall productive, to see what Mannion can do with extensive minutes when he's more than a hander-offer to run out the clock.

One of the things the Rams must decide in the off season is if Mannion can be a reliable back-up for Goff for the next couple of years or so. It is nearly inevitable that Goff will miss a quarter or two or perhaps a game or two given the matter of concussion protocols and all. What better test than on this Sunday? If he shows fairly decently, good. If not, then the Rams need to be in the market for a vet back-up. He's been in the system for this entire year, and gone through a training camp in it; he should be able to handle the duties well enough or he's not the right guy.

Ditto for some other guys. Ought to be a good opportunity for TA, Williams, Thomas, Reynolds, Ekuban, Brown, and others to shine and for the Rams to get some real tape on them to evaluate them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2017 05:53AM by RockRam.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Rams back-ups beat the Niners.

RockRam396December 27, 2017 05:51AM

Re: Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Rams back-ups beat the Niners.

den-the-coach225December 27, 2017 07:37AM