Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Earl Thomas: I don’t think Bobby Wagner should have played today...

December 17, 2017 06:15PM
[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

Earl Thomas: I don’t think Bobby Wagner should have played today
Posted by Josh Alper on December 17, 2017

The Seahawks got blown out by the Rams at home on Sunday afternoon and there’s some sniping going on between players in the wake of the 42-7 loss.

It started when safety Earl Thomas was discussing linebacker Bobby Wagner playing with a hamstring injury that kept him from practicing last week. Thomas said Wagner is usually capable of going sideline to sideline, but “he just couldn’t do it today” and said the linebacker might have been better off sitting out.

“To be totally honest, I think the guys that played, you’ve got to give your hats off to Wags and a couple guys that played,” Thomas said, via Curtis Crabtree of PFT. “But my personal opinion, I don’t think they should have played. The backups would have did just as good. The injuries, Kam, Sherm, K.J., it definitely hurt today.”

Wagner shared an apparent response to those comments in a since-deleted tweet. Wagner wrote “E keep my name out yo mouth” and “stop being jealous of other people success,” and then followed up with another saying that he’ll hold himself accountable.

Sunday’s loss dealt a blow to the Seahawks’ hopes of making the playoffs for a sixth straight season. They can do a better job of going down swinging in the next two weeks, although it might not work out for them if they continue swinging at each other.
----------
Yep. They are now pointing fingers at each other. Will only get worse until a new culture comes in. Enjoy the division for the next few years, rams and niners.
----------
It didn’t matter that they couldn’t compete today, or in the playoffs. When you lose your defense, and have no OL, and no running attack, there’s no competing.

Hat’s off to the Rams…good luck in the playoffs to them!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Earl Thomas: I don’t think Bobby Wagner should have played today...

Rams43273December 17, 2017 06:15PM

Re: Earl Thomas: I don’t think Bobby Wagner should have played today...

stlrams1381December 17, 2017 07:43PM