Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Win or lose in Seattle, this Rams team has exceeded my expectations

December 15, 2017 05:19AM
Actually, I think the Rams will win on Sunday.

But even if they lose in perhaps the hardest-to-win-in venue in the NFL, they have certainly exceeded my expectations.

I had high hopes for incremental improvement, maybe a .500 season if everything bounced right.

Then some more development of young players, some FA and draft additions this next off season, and perhaps a 10 win and WC playoff spot in 2018.

But for them to become almost dominant this year was not expected. For them to become one of the most offensively exciting NFL teams I never imagined. I expected Goff to improve significantly. But at this point I'm looking for Pods. Can this really be the same guy from 2017? He's performed too consistently to be a fluke.

And that's the thing; the Rams indeed have been pretty consistent. Sure, they'd have bad games (or perhaps bad moments); all teams do (hey, New England just lost to frickin' Miami!). But they'd bounce right back and beat the next team they faced.

So while I'm feeling pretty good about a win in Seattle, I understand all too well that the Rams are going to have to play their "A" game and some of the weird, alien stuff that happens usually in the Hawk's favor needs to NOT happen this time.

This is a team that is now easy to root for and have some faith in. At least for me.
This year still has a ways to go to finish playing out; but whether it's the playoffs and some success there, or missing the playoffs, the Rams have earned my respect and the future is bright.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Win or lose in Seattle, this Rams team has exceeded my expectations

RockRam350December 15, 2017 05:19AM

Re: It's Playoffs for me.......

oldschoolramfan152December 15, 2017 05:39AM

Re: Win or lose in Seattle, this Rams team has exceeded my expectations

Rams43183December 15, 2017 06:48AM

Re: that's fine 43

Speed_Kills200December 15, 2017 07:10AM

Re: I hear you and yes they have exceeded my expectations too but

Speed_Kills160December 15, 2017 07:03AM

All their problems are due to youth and inexperience.

RockRam129December 15, 2017 08:18AM