Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sure is nice to actually be debating style points and not losses

December 05, 2017 04:55AM
I remember so well with the GSOT days how the fierce debates on this board usually involved style points; you know: didn't win by enough points. Didn't beat an inferior team severely enough. Offense did well but defense allowed too many big plays, had some turnovers, etc., etc.

Not griping about it; it just says something when the Rams are winning so regularly that it's not about winning or losing, it's about HOW we are winning.

And I would like to point out that there IS an opponent on the other side of the ball, and they usually have pride and some very talented players and coaches regardless of their records. They can have games where they rise up beyond their usual performance and cause real problems. Players who have done little have a stellar game. Every bounce of the ball and every subjective penalty goes their way.

I was able to watch the Cards game, and the Cards played hard and pretty darn well. Gabbert played about as well as he is capable....which isn't bad. Fitzgerald had a good game and the Cards oline held up well.

Especially division games can be more challenging just due to the familiarity.

And the Cards knew that this was a must win game for them. If they were to retain any hope for a WC playoff slot, they had to beat the Rams on Sunday. So they played hard, well, and with a lot of emotion and energy. With the loss they know that the post season is a goner.

Rams didn't have their best game. Some of that was due to a determined Cards team that had a lot to gain/lose in this game.
That the Rams scored 32 and won by 16 points (which in the NFL is a big point differential) just shows how good of a team the Rams are. They can play their B game and still win without last second heroics.

The Rams led wire to wire and the Cards were always in catch up mode.
Rams need to be pretty happy about this game as should we fans.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sure is nice to actually be debating style points and not losses

RockRam259December 05, 2017 04:55AM

Re: Sure is nice to actually be debating style points and not losses

LMU9394December 05, 2017 05:45AM