Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quinn, NT, etc.

November 28, 2017 08:49AM
Quinn's not really playing OLBer. There are some exceptions, maybe 10-12 times all year he's played "LBer". The only changes he';s made are standing on 2 legs and always playing away from the TE. If people think he's not up to snuff, fine, I would tend to agree, but the position change has nothing to do with it. The way this 3-4 one gap scheme works is it's really a under-stack 4-3 and 98% of the time Quinn is a defensive end.

As far as nose, it would be nice to get a good one, but it would be just as good to move Brockers back and get a 5-technqiue. Brockers has played well at both positions. Smart seems like he's being groomed as Donald's backup after about a month and a half as a nose tackle.

I base these views on watching pretty closely, seeing what is happening on the game tape.

Barwin has been steady but lacks a lot of big plays. Samson will show some good athleticism but will make some mistakes, I'd guess. It will be a trade-off. If he struggles Longacre may have to play some SAM, after being exclusively a WILL, backing up Quinn.

Will be interesting
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Quinn, NT, etc.

Blue and Gold433November 28, 2017 08:49AM

So confused on Quinn

Los Angeles Lenny177November 28, 2017 09:02AM

Re: So confused on Quinn

Steve144November 28, 2017 09:42AM

I want a nose from the draft ...

alyoshamucci149November 28, 2017 10:09AM