Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Several thoughts after reflecting on the Saint game win...

November 27, 2017 05:30AM
Just some stuff that the beat writers haven’t touched on much yet.

Anybody else surprised that there wasn’t more attacks on the Saint backup CB’s? I thought McVay would be all over it and all game long.

Speaking of McVay, I was going crazy with all the Tavon touches early on while legit threats and producers were seeing their touches diminished. More Gurley, Watkins, Kupp, Higbee, and Reynolds Coach!

Why is it that Wade’s D gives up long TD runs early in so many games? Then tightens up for the rest of the day? It’s driving me nuts! This has GOT to be fixed before the playoffs. Heck, before the Eagle game. Just tell them at the starting kickoff that it’s the 2nd qtr, Wade, and watch them kick butt. Lol.

Too many missed tackles yesterday. Another thing that must be cleaned up.

I predict that Watkins will now be a bigger focus on the part of both Goff and McVay.

Helluva game by Kupp. I love this kid and look forward to the next 10 years of his production excellence. I think that some have overreacted to those rare occasions where he fails to make the catch. And that crucial fumble vs the Vikings, of course. Kupp is a gem and was a 3rd round steal.

Been a long, long time since the Rams have had so many quality receivers that they could deploy, huh? A great feeling.

Well, the Goff doubters are becoming pretty scarce these days. Most important position on the team appears to be in very good hands for the next 15 years. Can you imagine what he might become after another couple of seasons under McVay?

Can someone explain to me why coaches love that dreaded Prevent D? After holding Brees to 13 points (including that 7 point Kamara early burst) for 56 danged minutes, they do their “Prevent thing” and give him 7 points in about one minute. Nobody on our coaching staff noticed what Brees did to the Redskin Prevent D in 3 minutes the previous week? Sheesh! ‘Bout had a heart attack watching those last 3 minutes yesterday!

Malcolm Brown can’t get back soon enough for me. Dunbar is never healthy, Tavon is useless, and I guess McVay doesn’t trust Austin Davis.

I’ll be honest. I was afraid that the Saint juggernaut was gonna keep rolling all the way to the NFC Championship game and the Rams would become their 9th win in a row. I am so proud of what the Ram team and coaches accomplished yesterday. The Rams are truly for real. They may not go all the way, but it would be a big mistake for anyone to not take them seriously the rest of the way. I haven’t felt this much pride and respect for the Rams in at least 13-15 years.

Can Reynolds and Everett play, or what? Bright future for both those kids.

Gotta give it up for Quinn in this game. I’ve been down on him lately, but he picked a great game to flash as a bit of an impact player.

Barwin wasn’t really missed when he had to come out. Does that mean what I think it means? Hmmmmm...

Romo was a joy to listen to. If, somehow, either Romo or Spielman could do color on all Ram games, I would be one happy camper.

Romo had some kind words for Ogletree, didn’t he? Said that his play was evidence of heavy film study.

Magnificent tackle by Webster to save a TD. Both a textbook and inspirational tackle.

The flea flicker trick play was a surprise. Not that they called it, but that Pharoah wasn’t the one throwing the ball. AND that McVay hadn’t designed it such that the Saints would be caught with their pants down and at least ONE Ram would be open. Those last 2 things are pretty important in such a trick play. Lol.

All in all, it was a helluva game and against a helluva opponent. Fun to watch, but I was limp by halftime. Lol.

Then again, 8 more just like that would be fine by me. Yeah, I was counting the playoffs in there, too.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Several thoughts after reflecting on the Saint game win...

Rams43502November 27, 2017 05:30AM

Re: Several thoughts after reflecting on the Saint game win...

Steve204November 27, 2017 06:03AM

I'll bet most of those missed tackles......

21Dog186November 27, 2017 06:12AM

About that potential playoff rematch...

Rams43152November 27, 2017 08:51AM