Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Several things I missed in all the excitement while watching the game live...

October 27, 2017 12:39PM
Upon re-watching I noticed these things, in no particular order...

The Ram no huddle was devastating for the Cards. They could rarely sub and they were exhausted by the mid 3rd quarter. Practically zombies by the 4th quarter. I suspect that McVay will be doing some more of that in future games.

Goff had an on field “presence” about him that would make a 5th year vet proud. Calmly looked over the D and called out adjustments or correctly chose run/pass options many times. Hard to believe that this was only his 14th career start.

I watched the right side of our OL extensively. Brown and Hav played their hearts out. I once saw Brown 20 yards downfield throwing a block on Tavon’s big sweep to the left side.

Hav made a block on a CB on a Tavon screen to the right that made me smile. Like a pickup running over an egg.

Gurley is on fire, y’all. Looking like an MVP. The guy is beyond motivated.

Hard to see too much from the TV shots, but there is something off between Goff and Watkins. And I don’t think that Goff is the problem. Sigh...

Our various WR’s were noticed throwing nice blocks. It’s not just Tavon, IOW. It’s apparently a thing demanded of our WR corps. Love it.

That final TD drive was impressive. It was 16 plays for 80 yards and consumed 10 minutes off the clock. By then, the Cards were crushed emotionally and physically. That is not hyperbole, either.

Rams finished the game with 197 yards rushing. Against the #5 rushing D in the league. Any questions? Lol.

McVay keeps the petal to the metal, doesn’t he? Midway through the 4th quarter leading 26-0 he calls for a jet sweep! Shades of Mike Martz. Lol.

Quinn was largely a JAG in this game. Yeah, he had a flash or two, but mostly he was being controlled on his rushes and mostly ineffective. I don’t think he will be here next year. Watch for yourself if you still have the game recorded.

Once Palmer was injured and Stanton came in, it was over for the Cards. What a QB drop off. Don’t want to take anything away from the Ram D, but it’s not as if they abused a quality QB in Stanton, so I hope they don’t get overconfident.

The substitution rotation on the DL is impressive. Seems to be no drop off when the fresh bodies come in. Love that.

This D is playing well as a unit. Everybody seems to contribute. And it’s very hard to score on this D now, which is the name of the game. Take another bow, Wade!

McVay is correct to point out that this team has not yet “arrived”, of course. But I think it is also correct to point out that this team can now beat other teams via the run, pass, or ST, while the Ram D is clamping down on the other team’s run, pass, or ST.

We’re not all that far from becoming an elite team, IMO. Just a hop, skip, and a jump away, actually.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Several things I missed in all the excitement while watching the game live...

Rams43426October 27, 2017 12:39PM