Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Random thoughts

October 16, 2017 04:02AM
The Rams not only have no home field advantage they actually have home field disadvantage.

Both Whitworth and Gurley have laid evidence to this. Whether its the need to go silent count on the critical final drive or the fact that the Rams may believe (as Gurley attested) that they are better off playing away from LA, there is something very weird about the LA dynamic right now. I must add this, if the Rams make the playoffs and they have a home game in LA and they need to go to a silent count in a final drive to win the game, I would be fine with someone burning the place to the ground.

There is an uncomfortably weird dynamic between Goff and Watkins. Do these guys not like each other? Strange. I see no connection at all between them. That has got to change or the Rams wasted a 2nd round pick.

McVay has a problem leveraging the running game. I think he had that problem in Washington. He didn't run Gurley well until late in the 4th quarter. He is still learning and I hope he finally gets it. Also, I wonder if his shortcomings in the running game hamper him in the redzone. He needs to fix this if the Rams are gonna be a serious contender.

The Rams are loaded with first round picks. Counterbalancing the obvious talent they keep making dumb mistakes. In some cases its due to youth in other cases (such as Quinn and Walker), its just stupidity and loser mentality. It tells me they are a year away from being a top team regardless of what Goff does this year. McVay still has players to weed out and a few vets with winning attitudes to add.

Goff was the textbook game manager yesterday, probably by McVay's design. Still, he has to get better on his deep ball. McVay said he wasn't happy about the offensive production. Great. Its pretty clear that he's not getting anywhere near the production out of the talent that he has on offense the last 2 games. Love that Goff didn't turn the ball over, hate that his completion % and long ball were awful.

The Rams have been extremely fortunate with injuries so far this year. If that continues, I expect them to make the playoffs as at least a WC. But they're not where the Eagles are. When you watch both teams you can see the difference in maturity, from the HC down.

~ max ~
“The consciousness of good intentions disdains ambiguity.” - Alexander Hamilton
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Random thoughts

max439October 16, 2017 04:02AM

I would agree with all those points...

jemach206October 16, 2017 04:07AM

Re: I would agree with all those points...

max184October 16, 2017 04:10AM

I see a young Troy Aikman

Hazlet Hacksaw176October 16, 2017 04:23AM

I don't have that problem with my iPhone. nm

max154October 16, 2017 04:11AM

It's still early

Hazlet Hacksaw219October 16, 2017 04:21AM

two good defenses

LMU93227October 16, 2017 05:27AM

Re: Random thoughts

CROMWELL21194October 16, 2017 04:22AM

ST's won the game yesterday