Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Game Balls?

October 02, 2017 04:59AM
You're game balls?

here are mine. and I probably waited too long to remember all.

3 Phase win

3 balls for each unit

Special teams
1. Fumbled punt recovered by Troy Hill
Tipped the tables back to the Rams. After a quick 3 and out. A huge moment in the game.
2. Cooper's long return
Owed us one after that debacle in SF. And that was another huge moment in our favor.
3. The Leg
Credit to the entire unit, Bones, Hekker's epic work nailing them again deep, and the snap, spot, kick. Enjoy it Greg

Defense
1. Trumaine
Thoroughly enjoyable tandem of Dez and Tru working against each other. Entertainment I haven't had in such a long time. You guys.....we need to sign this cat.
2. Brockers
Quinn, Donald being held. No Flags. Brockers big day couldn't be undervalued. Agony when Donald hooked Dak, but didn't get him down? Just setup Michael for the big plays when team needed them.
3. Wade
There were a number of guys who could collect a ball, but managing Elliott's carries, rotations, and just being a good skipper in the face of high seas? Love it.

Offense
1. Gurley
In the midst of starting the year with big questions at RB? I will eat crow; cold, with feathers. And like it. Lowering the shoulders, and doing the dirty is not going to make anyone's highlight list, but he moved chains with that second effort stuff. Nasty, nasty boy. LOVE IT !!
2. Goff
Begrudgingly, because there was some excellent work by so many. I know Watkins had just two targets, but that poor throw and outstanding snag by Sammie? Wasn't game ball worthy, but that's a season changing sort of grab; One of many. Tavon, Kupp. Did you love Kupp lowering the shoulders, too, and plowing into defenders? The sideline smiles on his face after that play was exquisite. But Jared mastered the system, and was straight up wonderful. Woods blocking, and key catches.
3. OL
Saffold blocking downfield, Whitworth might be the biggest mass of humanity I've seen in horns, and use it all to perfection; Brown? Look at him vanish. best thing about a OG. Hav? Had such a great day out there. No big flags: that in and of itself was a worthy of celebrating

NOW
game ball two others......

Sean McVay
amazing playcaling. Also, he stopped play when things weren't right way around. Credit to halting the system when there's a haywire. But, again and again he came up with superb plays. Getting so many plus yards down in and out? Mixing in Malcom Brown; touches for Austin. The only thing I hated was Gurley's last touch. But that's another story. Wow coach. Great job.

Aaron Kromer
Not sure who designed the blocking for yesterday's run and pass, but time after time after time, the extraordinary timing to get Gurley free, to use Gurley to pick up the right blitzer, and even Higbee coming back across the formation to seal the free guy? This, my friends, was as happy a moment for me, as it was a startling one. Kromer's guys on stretch plays and short stuff, and getting Whitworth out front of Gurley, and Austin.

all in all; maybe as entertaining win as I can remember in some time.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Game Balls?

leafnose718October 02, 2017 04:59AM

the OL was outstanding

LMU93113October 02, 2017 05:07AM

Re: Game Balls?

Rams4399October 02, 2017 07:46AM