Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Interesting post commentary on our D by TexasRam...

September 30, 2017 07:58AM
Here's TexasRam...

So what the hell happened to our defense. It's the same guys with a
Few exceptions:

Webster instead of EJ Gaines
Joyner instead of TJ McDonald
Barwin instead of Hayes

I've went back and watched all three games focusing on the defense. Here is what really sticks out:

The Colts game we played well.

The skins game we obviously gave up huge amounts of yards in the run. Donald's first game back and the Dline got pushed around. Barron and Ogletree were getting manhandled by shooting guards and instead of filling gaps were spending too much time reading where the RB was going or just guessing. Rams pass defense was pretty good until the last TD where Trumaine cramped up and Skins went after Our backup CB with Kayvin also going out earlier. Against the pass Olgeltree and Barron showed their inability to stay with underneath Wr's.

Against the Niners. Run defense improved for sure. Dline winning battles and Barron really stepped up in run support. Olgeltree still struggling. Pass defense fell apart on many levels. Barwin drops back too much. He needs to rush the passer or be replaced. He is no use in no mans land. Underneath routes were wide open. Olgeltree. Barron and our safety's are just too late covering these in Zone coverage.

Supposedly Son of Bum is the defensive Genius to get us right.. I have my doubts.

Tweaks we need:

1 Everyone healthy. Webster back should help if he is as good as Bum says. With Joyner out and Cody questionable we may see another harsh day for our defense.

2. Barwin is in many regards a drop off from Will Hayes. He can't push the pocket or set vs the run like Hayes. I would force him to stop Roving around and get to the dam QB. If he can't be a force va the run I replace him.

3 Olgeltree - He has to get better vs the run. He has to get way better in coverage underneath. If I see the same crap vs Dallas I consider moving him to OLB to replace Barwin and next man up at ILB. I know this doesn't happen in the real world but something has to change.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Interesting post commentary on our D by TexasRam...

Rams43523September 30, 2017 07:58AM

Re: Interesting post commentary on our D by TexasRam...

Rampage2K-168September 30, 2017 09:39AM