Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Award shows Rams’ Todd Gurley is back on top

September 30, 2017 05:23AM

By VINCENT BONSIGNORE

It sort of came and went with a whimper. And it’s not like anyone gets hung up on in-season recognition. Player of the Week honors. Player of the Month recognition. It’s nice and all. But not exactly what players and teams focus on.

But it is worth remembering, at least as it relates to Todd Gurley being named the NFL’s Offensive Player of the Month, just how far he fell last year in his regrettable sophomore season and just how far he’s climbed back up this year. Which makes this distinction mean just a little bit more.

“For sure. Like I said, you have your ups and downs in this game. Every year is not going to be a good year and, obviously, I figured that out last year,” Gurley said. “All you can do is move forward, just keep working hard, control what you can control and just take it day-by-day preparation, and once the season comes you just let all the anger out that you had and that you worked hard for in the offseason. So, that’s why I felt like I’ve been doing a great job of doing now.”

Gurley ran for 241 yards and four touchdowns in September while adding 13 catches for 140 yards and two scores. In the process, he’s helped the Rams solidify a respectable ground game the last two games while also being a productive asset in the passing game.

The Rams, partially as a result, have been the NFL’s best offense over the first three games while averaging a league-high 35.7 points per game.

“There’s a lot of other really great players in this league and a lot of guys that did an excellent job in the NFC offensively, but anytime you get an award like that, we’re very happy for Todd,” Rams head coach Sean McVay said. “It’s a reflection of the offensive unit as a whole. He certainly has done a lot of great individual things, but a lot of that stuff doesn’t occur without great blocking up front, good job by (Qcool smiley Jared (Goff) distributing the ball in the pass game, making sure we’re not running into some of those bad looks.

Read Complete Article
[www.ocregister.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill326September 30, 2017 05:23AM

While Gurley has done well I expect more

Rams_81120September 30, 2017 08:36AM