Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nelson's Family update & Their move

September 19, 2017 09:26AM
Hey Guys,

An update:
Nelson’s funeral was last Saturday, and Rebecca, his daughter, read a message from someone at the board in honor of Nelson. Their family was very thankful for our efforts and participation in all ways. (the message is at the bottom). They had the wake at Grandpa's...

Additionally:
A few guys sent me messages about giving money to Tammy so they can ‘move’ their family back to where they originally are from; they have ‘no money’--I was hoping the board could help. (obviously, Nelson was the money maker; he moved them to take care of his mom---). However, I have emailed/texted Tammy/Rebecca about sending money, and though she is responsive in general to my efforts, she will have no part of this “thing” about raising money for them. Rebecca said they will “make do”. I can’t even get her address to send her money, so I don’t know how else to help. They are awesome people, so I don’t want to insult/badger them, but maybe I have to give up in respect to their desires to not receive. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Tammy has tried to be very strong amidst this very trying time, and so she may want to focus on their move and everything else after that.

My last 'other' idea: Everyone write a short note, and I will 'compile'/edit and send to Tammy...or not, you don' have to.
Nelson's death and his family has become so personal for me, so, I thank you for the love you have sent their family.
Blessings...

The message at Nelson’s funeral:
Oh Nelson, how little I knew you, but how big a place you have in my heart. Not all things are to be understood in measurable ways. But man, I wish we had more time together to laugh, to analyze and all that stuff…..

Nelson was incognito as “tonyhunter87” to all of us guys on the Rams football forum board. He was well known and respected for his insights—and though it was only about football, still, it is hard to sound intelligent like he did. Some people were against him, and he forgave him. This is essential for anyone who calls Jesus his savior. Even in the little, unimportant things, we have a chance to show who we love—God, first.

When Nelson told me he had a 3 page list of people he was working on with regard to forgiveness, I was impressed with how he was joyfully forgiving people in his last days. How he let go, so he could move on. We need to do that when we aren’t dying too! I am thankful for having known Nelson and for his simple ability to see the forest even with all the trees in the way.

Though Nelson and I became friends through email and the phone, it doesn’t lessen the care that I had for him; hearing his joyful voice 2 days before he died is still a great memory for me----and a lesson, too. We have our time on this earth: we give, we receive, we love and we passionately battle, but somehow all of us will meet our maker. I am proud of Nelson for looking past the mundane things on this earth so he could see his maker and prepare himself before he said a temporary good bye to all of us. Good bye, Nelson, and yes, even the people on the Rams board care for you and your wonderful family in an undescribable, yet passionate way…and we are all surprised how God caused our hearts to change. You made an impact Nelson, thanks!!!

With a great love,

signed
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Nelson's Family update & Their move

Steve442September 19, 2017 09:26AM