Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Los Angeles Rams Vs. Washington: Stock Report Looks At What Happened

September 19, 2017 07:17AM
[www.turfshowtimes.com]

Stock Down

WR Tavon Austin

I said he was a stock down player last week playing only seven snaps, and I got killed for it. Well, here we are again. Nine snaps for the Los Angeles Rams “dangerous weapon”, and he’s never looked more useless. No real danger stemming from his big play ability, and he hasn’t looked great returning punts either. The less he does, the bigger of a hole he digs himself into, and at this point, I see absolutely no reason why his snaps should be increased in any manner.

ILB’s Alec Ogletree and Mark Barron

I mean, does anything really need to be said here? Washington had over 200 yards rushing, and neither of these guys played well at all. A lack of discipline for both, on multiple occasions they failed to follow pulling guards and got washed out of plays by blockers. Terrible performance for both.

CB Nickell Robey-Coleman

I don’t feel great about putting NRC here, but it’s pretty clear Kirk Cousins was picking on him. With the injury to Kayvon Webster, NRC was forced to play outside the numbers, and that simply isn’t his spot. Either surrendering easy catches or playing 10 yards off the LOS, it’s clear NRC belongs in the nickel position and only there. The Rams could be in trouble with an injury to a starting CB.

Stock Up

RB Todd Gurley

What, a, day! For whatever reason, the Todd Gurley of old was back, and in a big way. 16 carries for 88 rushing yards and one TD, and three receptions for 48 yards and another TD. Gurley had two beautiful hurdles, one of which sparked a gorgeous 18-yard touchdown. He ran hard all day with beautiful vision, stutter steps, bounced runs, and ran with real power through the hole. If the rookie version of Gurley has arrived, watch out.

Entire Rams OL

QB Jared Goff was only sacked twice (one of which was a really bad situation for the entire offense), and had RB Todd Gurley averaging 5.5 YPC. They were opening holes all day in the running game, and were more than solid in pass protection. After a week in which they really struggled in the run game (Colts), they rebounded big time.

TE Gerald Everett

Gerald Everett got robbed. Why? Well, he was very well on pace for his first ever 100-yard receiving performance, but unfortunately had a thigh contusion that caused him to miss some time. Regardless, he had a gorgeous “off-schedule play” as Jared Goff called it, and it resulted in a major play that boosted the Rams to a scoring drive. It was a 69-yard catch and run. Also, Everett had a gorgeous catch on a seam where he got popped but still managed to bring the ball in.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Guard478September 19, 2017 07:17AM

Re: Fire McVay he doesn't know how to use Tavon Austin!!...NM

laram186September 19, 2017 07:33AM