Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Monday Wrap-Up: A Plan for Donald's Return

September 11, 2017 07:50PM

Myles Simmons

Defensive tackle Aaron Donald reported to the Rams on Saturday morning and was a participant in all club activities on Monday, according to head coach Sean McVay.

And while McVay did not make any definitive statements about Donald’s status for Sunday, the head coach did say the goal is for the defensive tackle to play.

“He’s back here and that’s a step in the right direction,” McVay said. “I think, like we’ve mentioned, just getting him back here is the first step and definitely want to try to get him on the field.”

Donald attended the Rams’ team meeting, positional meetings, and the workout on Monday. McVay said he didn’t want to make a “big deal” out of Donald’s return, and went about the team meeting as he would have otherwise.

“You’re showing some of the things that guys did great on special teams, defense, and offense, guys supporting each other — that was really what the team meeting entailed,” McVay said.

While Donald reported to the club over the weekend, McVay said Donald did not want to be a distraction to what was going on with the team. And that’s why he did not attend the 46-9 victory over the Colts.

“That was the first thing that he mentioned himself, because he realized how important it was for us to kind of take a step in the right direction,” McVay said. “And that’s what he wanted for his team.

“And I think that’s what you like about Aaron, is he’s all about football,” McVay continued. “He just wants to get here, get a solution to this, and get back with his teammates and compete and play the game that he loves. And that’s the impression I get from the interactions I’ve had with him.”

McVay, however, did confirm a report that he was part of the Rams contingent — including EVP of football operations Kevin Demoff, general manager Les Snead, and senior assistant Tony Pastoors — that went to Atlanta to meet with Donald’s representation prior to the fourth preseason game at Green Bay. McVay said his only purpose was to help illustrate just how important the Rams see Donald as a part of helping them win.

Read Complete Article
[www.therams.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill558September 11, 2017 07:50PM

Thiry/Klein Monday Rams Report –Video

RamBill219September 11, 2017 07:56PM

Aaron Donald, Rams get back to normal with lineman likely to play Sunday

RamBill270September 11, 2017 08:06PM

He should be fined

Hazlet Hacksaw177September 12, 2017 12:18AM

I call Balogna