Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Still in the Week 1 "AfterGlow" phase!

September 11, 2017 02:40PM
It still amazes me how much better my week begins when we win! Given the impressiveness of the pummelng we displayed at the expense of the Colts, this week has started gloriously!

I do have a few comments that I had not read to this point. I will stay focused on the passing game:

1. For me the biggest thing, was Goff was throwing to receivers who were consistently open. For me, this was a sight for sore eyes. I remember several comments (prior seasons) where the commentators mentioning the receivers inability to gain seperation from coverage. I especially consistently happening to Bradford. So seeing McVay setup play were players had room to catch warned the cockles of an old man's heart!

2. Seeing Kupp make a contested, jump ball, catch was my fav reception yesterday. Too often, in prior season, would see s drop passes if anyone even slightly impeded the process. In the same realm, seeing making a catch that was not well thrown, our first drive, was also a sight for sore eyes. He might become our biggest noticeable gain on O this year. Looking like a legit slot receiver! My Kupp runner has over!

3. Seems like we attempted/completed more deep balls, >10 years beyond the LOS. Goff was "bombs away", but this wasn't dink, dunk either. This is not Fisherball!

Overall, quite encrouraged and very THANKFUL to enjoy watching us beat down as opposed to getting beat down!

BeachBoy
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Still in the Week 1 "AfterGlow" phase!

BeachBoy382September 11, 2017 02:40PM