Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Justin Davis changes jersey number

September 08, 2017 02:10PM
yeah...must be a slow news cycle
[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Jersey numbers are a big deal in the NFL. Players pay thousands of dollars to get certain digits, and for some (like Tom Brady), it becomes synonymous with their name. That’s not the case with Los Angeles Rams rookie running back Justin Davis, but he recently changed up his number for an interesting reason.

Davis told the Los Angeles Times that he switched from No. 42 – which he wore throughout camp and the preseason – to No. 33. The reason for it? His friends and family, and most notably, his mom.

“My friends and family said 42 didn’t look right,” Davis said. “Like my mom didn’t even know that running backs could wear 40.”

Fun fact: Running backs can wear numbers in the 40’s. In fact, they can wear any number between 20 and 49. Now, most backs choose one in the 20’s or 30’s, but Davis didn’t look bad in 42 during the preseason.

Since changing, he’s already heard that 33 doesn’t look right, so there’s really no way to please everyone.

“People say it doesn’t look right on me right now,” Davis said. “But I’m saying give it a couple weeks.”
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Justin Davis changes jersey number

leafnose441September 08, 2017 02:10PM