Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

unbox unwrap ..different looks after preseason offence defence? ?

September 07, 2017 10:19AM
I'd like to brag on psychic powers if had them but sometimes I do get hunches about our team and it's not always based on wild guesses so I'll try to make my thoughts soundly supported to s on degree here and you can comment any way yo want with your ideas also.

To begin....
As much as I like Cooper Kupp Goff has to avoid locking in on him or Watson simply because coverage will initially be rolling their way. He would be wise to look to exploit lighter coverages that at least initially are likely to go to Woods and Higby and Tevon as a part of regular strategy and make defences pay if they double Sammy or Cooper by throwing to the lighthanded side of field with probably a lesser defender also.
I believe the acquisition of the new #3 TE carrier has meaning other than depth and prior association in Washington with McVay also.
I think we will see Him get significant minutes early in 3 TE sets that will be revealed in the regular season games and this will assist in the running game.
If Carrier has any speed close to that rumored - noted 4.5 time he may even be a tough cover if used along with Everrett in a combo route or to the post.
Defence wise I think we'll. See Alexander walked up into Barrons spot more and Barron continued to be platooned with Litteton.
Something is going on with the Rams backers I don't see any outstanding play right now with the exception of Barwin .
The Quinn and Barron hall pass in pre-season just makes most of any defensive evaluation pure guess more than any solid idea of what he have even personnel. Wise.
That being said Westbrooks can be a solid guy but truely the Rams with him as full time starter are less than they were with William Hayes and Eugene Sims as two swing DL in previous years and frankly i don't think Fox is quite there so our front three or five misses Donald even more honestly we just don't have much quality to rotate.
So I see the Ram version of Wades defence having to take more chances blitzing inside linebackers and DBs much more than we would see if the guys up front where more groomed and physically better fit to a 3~4 or had more natural. Skills or talent sorry.
We have squeeze hard on Ebukan Litteton and Westbrooks and get lucky somewhere.
I hope any changes they go with are effective but I can see the defence playing worse than expected. And the offence surprising in a good way.
Thankswinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2017 10:29AM by CraigMatson.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

unbox unwrap ..different looks after preseason offence defence? ?

CraigMatson284September 07, 2017 10:19AM