Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Practice Report: Rams Turn Attention to Colts

September 04, 2017 05:56PM

Kristen Lago

With just six days left until the Rams’ regular season opener on Sunday, the team returned to the practice field for a non-padded workout. After finalizing the initial 53-man roster over Labor Day weekend, today’s session marked the official start to Week 1.

FIRST LOOK AT THE ACTIVE ROSTER

Monday’s session provided the coaching staff with their first look at the team’s 53-man roster and practice squad. Head coach Sean McVay described the afternoon as a “great day” where the team focused on its “game plan offensively, defensively, and [on] special teams” heading into this Sunday’s matchup against the Colts.

Over the long weekend, the Rams trimmed their roster from 90 to 53 men, before being assigned three new players via the waiver system. Los Angeles was assigned center J.J. Dielman from the Bengals, center Aaron Neary from the Eagles, and defensive tackle Quinton Jefferson from the Seahawks. All were full participants in practice today.

Also joining the team on Monday was tight end Derek Carrier, whom the Rams acquired on Saturday through a trade with Washington.

The trade has reunited Carrier with McVay, who served as his offensive coordinator through two seasons in Washington. McVay says the tight end’s familiarity with the system will provide him an advantage moving forward.

“I think it certainly helps. When you look at what you’re trying to do at the tight end position, they’re still using a lot of the same verbiage in Washington that we’re using here. So, I think it’s going to be an easy transition,” McVay said.

And though today marked Carrier’s first practice with the team, McVay said Carrier will play in this weekend’s opener.

“He’s going to be ready to go,” McVay said. “He’ll be active, he’ll play, and he’ll see snaps for sure.”

Read Complete Article
[www.therams.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill873September 04, 2017 05:56PM

New TE Carrier Expected to Play Week 1

RamBill414September 04, 2017 06:01PM

McVay Has Not Ruled Donald Out for Sunday vs. Colts

RamBill372September 04, 2017 06:19PM

RamBill: Do you ever get tired of being so cool?

guinnessram294September 04, 2017 10:17PM

i'll second that nm

joram218September 05, 2017 02:28AM

I'll third that. NM.

Rams43325September 05, 2017 06:20AM

Re: RamBill: Do you ever get tired of being so cool?

RamBill291September 05, 2017 09:29AM

Re: RamBill: Do you ever get tired of being so cool?

Ramsdude267September 05, 2017 12:20PM