Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Irsay on Andrew Luck: He’ll be ready for season, but maybe not Rams

August 13, 2017 02:34PM

[cbs4indy.com]

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The most pertinent news coming out of the wreckage that was the Indianapolis Colts’ offensively-challenged preseason loss to the Detroit Lions dealt with the quarterback who didn’t contribute to it.

That would be Andrew Luck, who witnessed the 24-10 eyesore from the safety of the sideline.

The overriding message: Hurry back, 12.

The team’s most indispensable player’s rehab from January shoulder surgery has advanced to where he’s actually throwing a football, albeit with limitations, and is on pace to be moved off the physically unable to perform list before the start of the season.

The unanswered question, though, is whether Luck will be turned loose by the medical/rehab staff and allowed to start the Sept. 10 opener against the Rams in Los Angeles.

Owner Jim Irsay shared a recent conversation with his franchise QB.

“He said, ‘Jim, I know I’m going to be even a better quarterback than I’ve ever been before. I just don’t know when,’’’ he said outside the Colts locker room. “That could be Sept. 10. It could be Sept. 20.’’

Check the calendar, and the opener with the Rams is four weeks away.

“I can’t say that unequivocally he’ll be ready for the Ram game,’’ Irsay said. “But I can say I feel confident he’ll be ready to start the season. Now that may not be the Ram game, but to start the season, yes.

“He could start out in Los Angeles. I don’t want to act like that is a foregone conclusion that he’s not going to be starting out there. He could, but he also could not. But again, we don’t see an extended delay.

“What that means, we’re not going to put a timetable on it because we will not – will not – put any pressure on this decision.’’
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill446August 13, 2017 02:34PM

As I have said...LAY UP FOR RAMS WEEK 1!!!!

RFIP124August 13, 2017 03:15PM

Re: As I have said...LAY UP FOR RAMS WEEK 1!!!!

bigjimram21130August 13, 2017 03:45PM

Just wait till he plays Minnesota

RFIP121August 13, 2017 05:05PM