Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking forward

August 11, 2017 02:05PM
What do you guys think our plan is?

We have a really interesting rebuild/go-for-it situation on offense right now:

"Rebuild":
-Goff basically a rookie
-Plenty of young bucks on offense: Gurley, Kupp, Everett, Higbee, Reynolds, etc.

"Go For It":
-Whitworth & Sullivan likely don't have many seasons left in the tank
-Watkins, while exciting, is an injury risk and a free agent at the end of the season

Lots of cap questions too, the Donald deal being the biggest one.

My biggest concern is this: everyone says LA is a "win or GTFO" town. What if that's actually a bad thing?

Take the Goff pick for example. We basically did a reverse-RGIII trade for a QB prospect who wasn't rated nearly as high as Andrew Luck or RGIII coming out of college. Did we do it because we truly believe in Goff, or because we wanted to make a splash in the City of Stars?

Watkins is another example. Did we just ship off a 2nd round pick and a decent CB to drum up hype for 2017, only to let Sammy walk at the end of the season?

I'm worried that the pressure in LA to "WIN NOW" is going to constantly put our FO in a position to generate excitement every season, preventing them from putting a long term plan for stability in place.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Looking forward

rambleon507August 11, 2017 02:05PM

Don't worry, be happy.

Saguaro244August 11, 2017 02:08PM

I don't get the pressure "to win now" vibe

21Dog183August 11, 2017 02:08PM

I agree, I think true fans are willing to be patient...my concern is the media, and how they influence the FO nm

rambleon214August 11, 2017 02:10PM

Re: Looking forward

Rampage2K-175August 11, 2017 02:12PM

CraigMatson176August 11, 2017 02:35PM

bigjimram21142August 11, 2017 02:39PM