Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2017 Roster Preview: TE Temarrick Hemingway...

July 20, 2017 04:49AM
2017 Rams Roster Preview: TE Temarrick Hemingway

[www.turfshowtimes.com]

Los Angeles Rams TE Temarrick Hemingway
Bruce Kluckhohn-USA TODAY Sports
The turnover at tight end for the Los Angeles Rams has been pretty swift in the last two years.

Gone are Lance Kendricks and Jared Cook while Cory Harkey is a potential camp cut victim. The Rams are now looking at a primary trio of 2017 NFL Draft second-round pick Gerald Everett with second-year options Tyler Higbee and Temarrick Hemingway.

Here’s to the new world order.

Roster Battle

I’m not sure there is one here. Everett and Higbee are the primary duo for what is expected to be a significant, if not the majority, portion of 12 formation (one running back, two tight ends) looks. For 13 or 03 looks, Hemingway would be the TE3 to come in for passing looks. Harkey would be an option for blocking specialty, though I do wonder if rookie FB Sam Rogers (roster preview) will be the preferred option for those sets.

The starting point in camp is key. If Hemingway is already ensconced as the primary TE3, a battle is likely nonexistent.

Expectations

I’ve got somewhat decent expectations here (for maybe the first time in this whole damn series...). Hemingway has a similar skill set to Everett, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a pretty sizable increase from his 2016 work rate (just 14 offensive snaps) both on talent and the new scheme under new Head Coach Sean McVay that relies heavily on the position.

Hemingway could factor in the short passing game as well as in red zone situations, so his performances in camp and the preseason will be key to setting the bar for the year.

Chances of Making Final Roster (9.5/10)

I’d be shocked if Hemingway isn’t on the 53-man and involved heavily throughout the build-up to 2017. Once we get into regular season action, we’ll see how much three-TE splits we actually use. Any injuries to the top tow would certainly see more involvement from T-Ham.

In any case, 2017 is shaping up to be a big season for Hemingway. I, for one, think the Loris, South Carolina, product is going to be more than ready:
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

2017 Roster Preview: TE Temarrick Hemingway...

Rams43519July 20, 2017 04:49AM

If anybody can develop Hemingway, it's McVay...

Rams43217July 20, 2017 04:52AM

Hemingway was one of the picks

Anonymous User263July 20, 2017 10:28AM

Re: Hemingway was one of the picks

FootballGenius205July 20, 2017 03:43PM

McVay will have his hands full

reggae169July 21, 2017 09:42AM