Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why you should root for the Los Angeles Rams/NFL.com

June 07, 2017 05:34AM
Why you should root for the Los Angeles Rams

By Adam Rank NFL.com

Interested in rooting for one of the NFL's 32 teams -- but don't know where to start? Adam Rank has you covered with this series, which will present a handy guide to becoming an instantly rabid fan of each organization in the league. Below, find out why you should root for the Los Angeles Rams.

What you need to know so you don't sound stupid
The Rams are back in Los Angeles -- where they belong? Well ...

The team started in Cleveland (Cleveland!), then moved to Los Angeles for the 1946 season, becoming the biggest thing on the West Coast. The Rams won the NFL title in 1951, the same year Norm Van Brocklin set a single-game record with 554 passing yards (a mark that still stands today). They went to Super Bowl XIV in January of 1980, but moved to Anaheim the next season. Threatened to move to Baltimore. That fell through. Signed an agreement to move to St. Louis. Denied. Some money changed hands, and the move was approved in 1995. Then the team came back to Los Angeles in 2016. So where they actually belong is kind of tough to gauge.

I'll admit: I grew up going to Rams games at Anaheim Stadium. My neighbor had season tickets, and I always found a way to sneak an invite to some preseason games. Before one game, my friend Vandy -- with a photo of Eric Dickerson in one hand and a Sharpie in the other -- called for the running back, but Dickerson just waved and ran past. It was the second-most-heartbreaking thing that would happen to us that year with Dickerson, but more on that in a moment.

Thankfully, current Rams running back Todd Gurley signed an autograph for my daughter, Ahsoka, so we're already ahead of the game.

Read Complete Article
[www.nfl.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Why you should root for the Los Angeles Rams/NFL.com

RamBill567June 07, 2017 05:34AM