Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gerald Everett and Cooper Kupp can raise their profiles at Rams' rookie camp

May 11, 2017 06:03PM
Draftees Gerald Everett and Cooper Kupp can raise their profiles at Rams' rookie camp

By Gary Klein

Gerald Everett did not fret. Neither did Cooper Kupp.

For four months, as NFL draft pundits guessed where college players might be picked, Everett and Kupp just kept working.

Everett, a tight end, played at South Alabama, a school that had never had a player selected in the draft. So he was unconcerned that Alabama’s O.J. Howard and others from Power Five conferences got most of the attention in mock drafts.

Kupp, a receiver, enjoyed a record-setting career in relative anonymity at Eastern Washington, which had produced only 15 NFL draft picks dating to 1969. Like Everett, Kupp’s profile rose with solid performances at the Senior Bowl and NFL scouting combine. But questions remained about the level of competition.

The Rams, without a first-round draft pick, chose Everett in the second round. They selected Kupp in the third.

On Friday, Everett and Kupp will be among 51 players, including six other draftees, undrafted free agents and tryout players, who will participate in the Rams’ rookie camp at Cal Lutheran.

“I want to cut it loose,” Everett said this week during a telephone interview. “I want to come out and let them know I’m going to work hard.”

The 6-foot-3, 239-pound Everett took a circuitous route to the Rams.

Read Complete Article
[www.latimes.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Gerald Everett and Cooper Kupp can raise their profiles at Rams' rookie camp

RamBill541May 11, 2017 06:03PM