Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why I am more hopeful for this year

May 08, 2017 06:15AM
Under Fisher, we had both a coach and DC that got defernse, and as a result we had a very good defense that was limited by being on the field too often and having to cover short fields. Unfortunately, we had NO coaches that really were competent at offense, and that showed as well.

This year we have a head coach who by all accounts is not just strong but very strong at offense, and somehow we ended up with one of the most respected DC's in the league. (BTW should I be nervous that we got such a good DC? How is someone that good on the street?) So we have strong and competent leadership on both sides of the ball.

Not to mention that we retained our ST coach who has had our ST's regularly in the top third of the league.

So if coaching means anything, and I am inclined to think that it does, we are heading into the year much stronger, with competent leadership in all 3 phases of the game.

True, we are still short at talent in a lot of areas on the offensive side of the ball especially, but it seems to me the arrow should be pointing up just from a scheme and coaching upgrade.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Why I am more hopeful for this year

PeoriaRa598May 08, 2017 06:15AM

Re: Why I am more hopeful for this year

guinnessram262May 10, 2017 11:15AM

bigjimram21257May 10, 2017 12:23PM

Ramdom233May 10, 2017 12:27PM

Amen

Suh-weet!254May 10, 2017 12:56PM