Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just my opinion...

April 29, 2017 12:39PM
I'm not doubting that McVay wanted Everett. But it has been reported that Snead had Everett on his radar for 2 years. As someone pointed out on this board, "Where was McVay 2 years ago?" Nowhere near the Rams. Snead fed Everett to McVay and he bit. A good GM would have tempered things by saying the best thing for the team is to take the impact OL guy in Lamp. That's how you win in this league.

But Snead gave McVay what he wanted without any wise guidance. That's the mark of a guy who is just trying to save his job; Not the mark of a competent GM.

There is no way anyone is gonna convince me that taking Everett and Johnson is better than taking Lamp. When Goff is getting peeled off the turf repeatedly this year, it won't matter that Everett may have been open assuming he can even get on the field. Who knows maybe Higbee and Hemingway step it up and render Everett overkill while we watch Goff get killed behind a bad OL (again).

The Rams had the opportunity to solve their OC issue, one that they've had for many years, by taking a stud. Lamp is a guy who could have very easily gone in the first round in a year that the Rams didn't have a first round pick for the first time in a zillion years. It was a gift from heaven. It was staring them in the face, and they screwed the pooch.

That's the mark of an inept FO.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

~ max ~
“The consciousness of good intentions disdains ambiguity.” - Alexander Hamilton
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Just my opinion...

max409April 29, 2017 12:39PM

I wish they would have stayed put

ferragamo79153April 29, 2017 12:46PM

Yeah, who knows. When does camp start?

max135April 29, 2017 12:58PM