Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why I think We're Set Up for Success

April 29, 2017 07:10AM
So I've read all the posts on how this draft is on Snead and how Gerald Everett was not worth the 44th pick in the draft. And here's my take on it:

It's all on McVay now. Remember what Chris Cooley, pro bowl TE said on McVay?

Back in 2010, Washington Redskins tight ends coach Jon Embree abruptly departed to accept a head coaching position at the University of Colorado. Washington's starting tight end at the time, Chris Cooley, was apprehensive about what was to come next under the young and relatively inexperienced position coach Sean McVay, who replaced Embree. But Cooley said his concerns rapidly melted away, per ESPN: "This 24-year-old kid came in and knew everything about the offense, and everything about everything. I learned more about football than I had in my entire career in four weeks... His ability to understand the game from every aspect -- fronts, coverages, line play, checks, from top to bottom -- is uncanny."

[www.twcc.com]

If you believe Cooley learned more in 4 weeks under McVay than his entire career as a TE, where do you project Gerald Everett to end up? Hence I submit it does not matter where a player was picked or projected, it matters where they end up. And if we can trust McVay to coach 'em up in SPADES then there's reason to believe our team is better already from his daily work. This team and its coaches are going back to the fundamentals of teaching football and improving every day. No more Fisher's rhetoric of "for our first day, let's learn how to huddle up".

IMO Snead was just working within the parameters of what Sean McVay wanted. Personally I was happy to see the trade down and picking uo another 3rd rounder in John Johnson.

But the ultimate proof will be how it plays out. And I can't wait to see how the ingredients that McVay wanted go into the meal that he is cooking.

RFS69
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Why I think We're Set Up for Success

RamsFanSince69581April 29, 2017 07:10AM

Good Read (but not so interesting title)

RamsFanSince69314April 29, 2017 07:54AM

Re: Mcvay gets it.............

oldschoolramfan227April 29, 2017 08:49AM

Re: Good Read (but not so interesting title)

CraigMatson178April 29, 2017 09:43AM