Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WR Robert Woods feels part of history in joining Rams

March 13, 2017 04:41AM

By Alden Gonzalez

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Robert Woods grew up in a Los Angeles without the NFL. He joined his dad in becoming a fan of the Oakland teams that featured Rich Gannon and Tim Brown, because they were close enough, and, well, because they were good.

Having the NFL back in his hometown, and now being a part of the team that made that happen, means "everything."

"The Rams weren't here when I was playing or growing up," Woods said Friday, one day after signing a five-year contract to become one of the Los Angeles Rams' primary receivers. "The tradition still lives. The NFL team being here, having the Rams here, L.A.'s original team -- and just to be a part of it is history in itself."

Woods was born in the southern part of L.A., in a city called Carson. He attended high school just north of that, in Gardena. Then he went to USC and played at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, a place the Rams will call home for two more seasons. He left as the program's all-time leader in receptions -- a record Woods still possesses -- and became Buffalo's second-round pick in 2013.

Four years, 203 NFL receptions and 2,451 NFL yards later, he's back.

"The Rams made the trip home," Woods said, "and so did I."

Woods was primarily the Bills' No. 2 receiver over the past four seasons. He has yet to reach 700 yards in a single season and he only reached the end zone once last year. But he's still about a month away from turning 25, so the Rams believe there's upside. They love his ability to sell routes, particularly on in-breaking ones 15 yards down the field. They love his aptitude for playing on the outside and in the slot. And they love his physicality.

Read Complete Article
[www.espn.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill616March 13, 2017 04:41AM

Re: Buffalo Bills 32nd (last) in pass attempts in 2016...

laram284March 13, 2017 05:04AM

Re: I would also guess...

merlin255March 13, 2017 06:38AM