Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mike Martz still hoping for Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt in Hall

February 01, 2017 05:08AM
Ex-Rams coach Mike Martz still hoping for Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt in Hall

By Alden Gonzalez

LOS ANGELES -- Right around this time last year, former Rams coach Mike Martz made headlines by saying it was "out-and-out ridiculous" for Terrell Owens to be a Hall of Fame finalist over two of his former receivers, Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt.

It's all happening again.

Bruce was recently named a Pro Football Hall of Fame finalist for the first time, joining Owens, who is among the final 15 for the second year in a row. However, Holt did not make the cut. On Saturday, the day before the Super Bowl, the 48-person Selection Committee will reveal a maximum of eight Hall of Famers for the 2017 class. And it seems likely that Owens will get in while Bruce, and Holt, are again left out.

Martz believes that eventually all three will be Hall of Famers.

Last year's comments, told to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, weren't necessarily made because he believed Bruce and Holt were more deserving than Owens, Martz said in a recent phone conversation.

"We were talking about T.O., but there was very little mention of these other two guys, and I thought that was incredibly wrong," Martz said. "Just from a productivity standpoint, the production of both of those guys, and the achievements that they posted, and a couple of Super Bowl [appearances], and were key factors in winning a Super Bowl -- I just felt like they had been dismissed. And that T.O. was [perceived to be] at another level ahead of these guys, which to me is absolutely ludicrous. He obviously is a very important football player and probably deserves to get in. But to not talk about those guys and talk about T.O., I think, was wrong."

Read Complete Article
[www.espn.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mike Martz still hoping for Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt in Hall

RamBill483February 01, 2017 05:08AM