Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Steelers clown coach Tomlin and ASSistant Porter making fools of themselves yet again!

January 29, 2017 06:42PM
Some good advice for these Steelers - January 29, 2017
[www.observer-reporter.com]

You would think that most high school football programs would be thrilled to have a former Steeler as a head coach and the sons of the current head coach and one of his assistants as players. If there was a thrill for Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic, it’s gone now.

Jason Gildon, a former Steelers outside linebacker, who held the franchise sack record until James Harrison broke it this season, was the head coach and he was fired shortly after the season ended. Soon after that, the sons of Mike Tomlin and his current outside linebackers coach Joey Porter, transferred. So did Porter’s nephew. It might be safe to say there aren’t many people in the North Catholic community who are sorry to see the parents go.

By all accounts, the kids weren’t the problem.

Joey Porter was allegedly a big problem. According to a source, Porter made a spectacle of himself at home games and on the road, even though he was with his head coach at the time.

During a game at Riverside in October, Porter reportedly ran on the field to badger the officials. Remember, he’s a Steelers assistant coach and only a North Catholic parent.

North Catholic was reportedly penalized 15 yards and officials asked the North Sewickley police to remove Porter. According to eyewitnesses, Porter told the cops, “If you want me to leave, it’s gonna take more than just you.”

The officers working the game, the source said, had to call for extra help. Porter then reportedly finally calmed down when the referee threatened North Catholic with forfeiting the game.

Mike Tomlin also was at the game, but not involved in the disturbance. But Tomlin did, on at least one occasion, according to a witness, pay a visit to the North Catholic locker room and drop multiple expletives while trashing the officials. And during a home game at J.C. Stone Field, Tomlin and Porter were reportedly less than cooperative with Allegheny County police when they were asked to move away from a fence where they were obstructing the view of some fans. The game ended before the cops had to remove them.

Here’s what an NFL head coach or an NFL assistant coach should do in the stands at the high school football games of their children:

Hide.

And shut up.

That doesn’t change if the head coach happens to be a former NFL player and/or a former teammate. Have some respect for the officials, the opposing players and the parents of your sons’ teammates. And be aware of the responsibility that goes with representing the Steelers in public.

Sneak in and sneak out. Do whatever it takes to draw as little attention to yourself as possible. That would include not smoking cigars in a nonsmoking stadium and causing fans to leave their seats, which Tomlin and Porter are said to have done at a playoff game in Butler.

Comporting yourselves with dignity would seem like an even better idea when your boss is a graduate of the school where your kids are playing.

Dan Rooney is a North Catholic alum. So is Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert, who’s on the Board of Directors.
Tomlin and Porter deciding to take their kids out of North Catholic could mean a fight over their eligibility next season.

Stay tuned.

**Tomlin is safe for now but trust me, his act is wearing thin here in Pittsburgh.

R.I.P. Nelson aka TonyHunter87 1971 - 2017 far too soon..

Your last words to me: "Your a great guy RFIP. I was very sad when you left the board, and your son, but was glad to see you back. Take care my friend, may God be by your side." 09/09/2017 12:58AM

No Nelson, you were a far better man than I, and I am sure an awesome husband and father as well. I will miss you my friend. -RFIP
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Steelers clown coach Tomlin and ASSistant Porter making fools of themselves yet again!

RFIP1176January 29, 2017 06:42PM

Re: Steelers clown coach Tomlin and ASSistant Porter making fools of themselves yet again!

Rampage2K-360January 29, 2017 07:24PM