Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tweets on McVay from DC ESPN Writer

January 12, 2017 07:36PM
Jason Reid@JReidESPN
ESPN.com Senior NFL writer

<Tweets in Reverse Order>

Jason Reid ‏@JReidESPN 2h2 hours ago

I don't know where Jay stood on Wade. To be honest, while rapping with people there, I never even asked. But the whole night is a bad look.

Clearly, Sean is a huge loss. Anyone who argues otherwise is either lying or has no glue of dynamics in building/on staff

Look, I don't know if McVay will succeed in LA. That's a tough gig. But he's smart. And he understands people/players. Half battle.

Not saying @thecooleyzone would be as meticulous as McVay. But he really knows their offense. He's tight with Jay and, well, others.

Believe it or not, Jay isn't the most, well, detailed guy on some things, people in the building say. McVay is. I'll leave it at that.

From a couple of Redskins officials: This ain't a good night in Ashburn.

Jason Reid ‏@JReidESPN 3h3 hours ago

McVay knew he needs an old hand. Say what you want to about Wade, but he can coach him some defense.

Jason Reid ‏@JReidESPN 3h3 hours ago

Jason Reid Retweeted Adam Schefter

McVay already showing he gets it as a head coach. Forget hiring your buddy. Hire the right guy.

Jason Reid added,
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Wade Phillips has agreed to terms to become Rams defensive coordinator, per source

Jason Reid ‏@JReidESPN 7h7 hours ago

It would be something is Wade joins Sean in LA. That was the hire Jay should have made.

Very interested to see Sean's hires.

Maybe all the turnover buys Jay another year regardless of the win-loss in '17.

Jason Reid ‏@JReidESPN 8h8 hours ago

If both Garçon and D. Jax bounce as well, O could have some serious issues.

Jordan Reed won't forget how to catch. But it matters that his biggest supporter on team, a guy he leaned on for years, has bounced.

It amazes how many fans fail to understand that these guys aren't machines. They're human beings. Personal relationships matter

From a team official: After Sean was promoted to OC, Jordan Reed asked if he would still mind helping him. Obviously, Sean was all in on that.

Would actually set up chairs in conference room at hotel and go through route tree, what defenses might do, how Jordan should counter, etc.

When McVay was tight ends coach, lobbied hard for Reed. Used to go over plays with him at team hotel night before games.

This could have a big impact on Jordan Reed. I'm not sure everyone understands how close they are and everything Sean did to help Jordan.

The thing about McVay is that he's fiercely loyal to the people for whom he works. He learned that from his grandfather.

For Gruden's sake, it's imperative he hires an OC who was as organized as McVay. To quote a Redskins official, "Trust me, Jay needs Sean."

Jay Gruden will begin 2017 with 2 new coordinators, a lot of new faces on the roster and one playoff appearance in his first three seasons.

Sean McVay is extremely smart and capable. He's a hard worker and a good man. He gets it on every level. He also has a huge challenge ahead.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Tweets on McVay from DC ESPN Writer

RamBill902January 12, 2017 07:36PM

Interesting how he quantifies the loss for the Skins

stlramz437January 12, 2017 07:40PM

Re: The Rams hit it out of the park today

merlin435January 12, 2017 08:32PM

Re: Yes, and yes

leafnose309January 13, 2017 04:44AM

Love This Quote

SalsaRama543January 12, 2017 08:28PM

Re: Love This Quote