Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Are the Rams poorly run?

January 12, 2017 03:04PM
I'm not sure that the Rams are as poorly run as many seem to think.

They were praised for bringing in Fisher five years ago. He was still fairly highly regarded back then, and the Rams beat out the Dolphins to get him. I have no way of really knowing what role Les Snead has played in the good moves and bad moves that the Rams made during the past five years, but they definitely made some bold moves. It is possible that Fisher is to blame for some of the bad picks. The fact that Snead has been retained seems to indicate that the Rams brass think he has done a pretty good job. One thing I do know is that Fisher was horrible and he imploded this year. It was his decision to hang on to Sam Bradford too long. It was his decision to hire a sorry series of offensive coordinators.

The Rams are well enough run that they were able to beat out the combination of the Raiders and Chargers to move back to LA. Now they are building one of the state-of-the-art stadiums in the NFL. Their owner has won the respect and close allegiance of Jerry Jones and other powerful owners. They made a bold move in hiring an up and coming replacement for Fisher. It could backfire, or it could prove to be the beginning of a golden era for the Rams, much like the Raiders had when they hired John Madden. I preferred that they take a chance with someone like McVay to giving McDaniel another shot.

It will be interesting to watch and see how it pans out. Maybe the McVay regime will aggressively go after free agents to fill the major needs, get Goff on the right track, install an effective offense, get Gurley back on the road to stardom, bring in an effective offensive coordinator, and hire a better defensive coordinator (Williams' defense got kicked around pretty badly several times in 2016). An awful coach like Fisher can make the entire organization look horrible. A great coach like Vermeil can turn a team around immediately and make all the apparent problems go away. I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Are the Rams poorly run?

L.A.Rams486January 12, 2017 03:04PM