Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My questions of the defensive idea/scheme.....

January 05, 2017 10:47AM
I watched on the TV week in and week out when the defense had a legitimate chance to get off the field...a 3rd and long the DB's would go past the needed area for the 1st...if it was a 3rd an 8 they would line up 10 yards back...if it was a 3rd and 20 they would go further back.

I never really saw anyone in this backfield actually attack the ball...they would allow the catch and then swarm to make the tackle....I rarely saw a guy actually make a play on the ball...they would allow the catch and sure enough the other team would gain a 1st down.

Was this the idea of Williams...was this idea of Fisher...Who ever was involved with this.....

At times this defense was indeed made tired by the offense going in and out....but I saw in my eyes times where this defense gave up 1st downs because they simply let the offense do it....laying off allowing the pass to get close to the down marker....stupid penalties added to it...This defense IMO if it was all on Williams...if Fish had a part matters not....Putting down linemen out in coverage type crap....doing cute type stuff.....

The offense put us in bad spots for sure....but the defense at many times stayed on the field because of poor scheme..IMO...
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My questions of the defensive idea/scheme.....

roman18422January 05, 2017 10:47AM