Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams' coaching search not likely to include college candidates

January 04, 2017 06:47PM
Rams' coaching search not likely to include college candidates, Kevin Demoff says

By RICH HAMMOND / STAFF WRITER

As the Rams prepare for the meaty part of their search for a new head coach, they made one thing clear Wednesday: that coach is likely to come from the ranks of current NFL assistant coaches.

Rams chief operating officer Kevin Demoff, in an interview on the team’s official website, said that while the Rams were “intrigued” by college coaches, that is not the team’s likely direction.

“I don’t see that as being an active part of our search,” Demoff said. “I think our focus right now is assistant coaches in the NFL who are likely to be head coaches.”

The Rams began their first round of interviews this week, and at least three top candidates are expected to be interviewed this weekend. Demoff said the Rams are “probably still in the time frame” of hiring a coach in the middle of this month, but wouldn’t rule out a later (or earlier) hiring.

“I think the job is very attractive,” Demoff said, “but I think it’s going to take the right fit.”

Read Complete Article
[www.ocregister.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams' coaching search not likely to include college candidates

RamBill366January 04, 2017 06:47PM